││1ST FLOWER۞

Art by mi_gensin ((Twitter))
...

A time just like the cold winter we have of this day, decades ago. I fell to a pit that leads me to a place that time works differently—as if it's a new world below the pit. Like an abyss. A place where monsters and creatures that can kill a mere human as myself in just a flick of their magic roam that place and I who was unfortunate to meet such faith, almost thought it's my end as I succumb to what I believe is my ending.

But the moment I open my eyes, I was saved. I am no princess of a kingdom, nor a child of high society. For I am a mere slave that trying to live my life passes the cold winter day like any other child my age. A person who was taller than me, stood majestically before me as I lied on my knees praying for a painless death.

"why are you easy to give up on your life child?"

An androgynous voice spoke to me as I stared up at the standing figure that is standing in front of the light, the monsters now bow before his presence around us. How strange a sight to see a majestic sight before my death, maybe it's my mind playing with me? I thought then at that time. What if this was a false reality? A simple, illusion of my mind that
Is tricking on me?

"what is to gain from fighting if I have nothing to return to? I, a unfortunately orphan—a slave who has no family waiting or missing my presence in this world. Death is simply a matter I tried so many times to escape but it always been in each corner... so why not let it take me. For I can at least make the world be fewer in useless humans as myself."

I answer the question as tears fall from my eyes. I have nothing to lose. I have no one. In this world, I have left alone to live a harsh life. Maybe the stress was getting me in that time. Maybe death can lead to paradise. A life without loneliness.

"What a pitiful human boohoo. You probably want to just kill yourself huh? What a weak human. I can end you--"

"silence."

I heard a high voice of the floating magic-user beside the person spoke in a sarcastic tone.

"...you say you have nothing and have no one to return to. Then I..."

A flash of glint from a sword went slashing down to me and I close my eyes as I wait for it to cut me in haft.

Kling.

I heard the sound of metal falling to the floor rang and the weight from my hands and legs was gone. I open my eyes as a gloved hand lied in front of me. I saw dull amber eyes stared down at me, waiting for me to accept his hand.

"your no longer own your life, nor your masters or owner do. I have ended all that you have before the moment I release you from your chains. Your past self is dead, now your relive as someone that is one of us now. I will not tolerate disagreement for you have no choice the moment you decided you give up your life."

I heard him spoke which made everyone around us gasp but then they have no right either to butt into this matter nor do i. I slowly grab hold of his hand that was warmed even a black-gloved is in between the two skin from touching. The aura around him is fearsome and overbearing to how strong it is. But somehow I don't fear it much as the monster has given me.

"T-thank..."

"I do not need your gratitude for something in this kind of unneeded situation. I am not saint nor a knight. Nor you're a damsel in distress. I have taken control of your life like your so-called owner back from the surface did."

He pulls me up to my feet and I now able to see his overview. Lustrous Long blonde hair that tied in a bread hair and dull amber eyes stared down at me. He seems tall. Or the 8 years old self of mine is rather normal to be one for my age?  I have no such thought in mind but only the feeling inside my heart the gratitude for this person, who saved my life. that was the start of what seems to be a long time story... and a new beginning for me.

>GRATITUDE││1STFLOWER۞

....

WELCOME TO ANOTHER FANFICTION OF MINE. VERY SHORT. ONLY 12 CHAPTERS. FOR THE ONE AND ONLY AETHER. I WAS PLANNING THIS FOR A LONG TIME BUT I CANT GASP THE RIGHT THEME. BUT I REWATCH A SCENE FROM OBEY ME. THE WEDDING EVENT. MY OTHERS STORIES ARE STILL ALIVE... EXCEPT FOR THE DILUC ONE. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT AT THE MAIN TIME. LOVE YOU ALL.