Speedy Recovery

The next morning, I woke in my bed. I went to rub my eyes, but it was bounded by a bandage so it just scratched my eye lids. 

I looked at it and then remembered last night. I finished listening to him yell and throw pieces of glasses at me. After that I took a shower, bandaged myself and fell asleep. 

I didn't feel well. I couldn't bring myself to get up. I didn't want to do anything.

I fell back asleep. No one came to wake my up. My dad left for work and my mum was probably at her mom's. 

I looked at my phone. It had a notifications. It was a text from Jay. 

"I'm out 11 am. Can i get a ride?" 

I smiled and opened the phone to text him back. He wouldn't even be up now.

"How does the bus sound?" 

Surprising, he replied a few moments later. 

"Well it isn't bike, but it will do."

I smiled and shook my hand. The cut was making it hard to text with my left hand. 

"Okay. I'll be there. Why are you up anyways?"

"Couldn't sleep." 

"Why not?"

"Worried about you?" 

"Shouldn't I be saying that?"

"I know. But I was just thinking this was stupid."

"What?"

"The way that ever since I met, things have just gone from bad to worst." 

"Like how?"

"My dad. My cycling skills." 

"Well, I'm sure that cycling thing was just an accident."

"Yea but what if it's saying 'hey, you two should probably stop unless you want to die.'"

"No." 

"No what?" 

"That's all part of it. It's testing how strong you are. If you are going to give up when things get tough, or fight for it."

"You sap."

"Love you too." 

"I wanna say it in person." 

"Okay I'll see you in 4 hours."

"Actually I'm not going to school today. I'll be there in 20."

"Sounds good."

Roughly 20 minutes later I arrived at the hospital.

I walked though the front doors and headed towards the elevator and pushed the up button.

Before the elevator could arrive, I saw the physiotherapist from yesterday, Cassie.

I ran after her, calling her name. No matter how many other people heard me yelling and watched my run after her, she never heard me and no one stopped her.

Finally, she turned a corner before me. When I got around it, she had disappeared.

I looked around for any sign of where she went but all there was was the smell of anti-bacteria wips and the faint smell of burnt vanilla.

I shook my head and headed back to the elevator and headed up to Jay's room.

When I walked in, his room smelt heavily like burnt vanilla. The same as downstairs.

"Morning." I greeted and kissed his forehead.

"Morning." He smiled up at my lazily.

"How are you feeling?" I asked running my hand though his sort of greasy hair.