Chapter 20

Morana was laying on the bed. She heard someone coming. The door unlocked with a click. She sat up as Miquel opened and stood at the door. The light switched on and a look of hatred and disgust on his face. "You had no right. You are a bitch. No, you are more than that. A heartless monster is what you are."

She remained silent. "Five years, my brother missed out on five years with his son because of you. You are a horrible person. I know you have something to do with him showing up here."

She nodded. "Yes, I called Gustavo in the hospital. He arranged everything." Miquel nodded. "So, seven months?" "In-person yes. On a video call, a day before you took me."

"He is asking for you. So please tell me how do seven months compare to five years?" "There is no comparison. I did it willingly to protect him and I will do it again. You call me a bitch, a heatless monster but I did what I had to."

"Why, why are you so afraid. Or better yet tell us who you are so afraid of. The Agostini name is one of the strongest names there is so who? Gustavo, I find that hard to believe since he organized your son to come here."

"Agostini is a very powerful name indeed. I will tell you and Nathanielano everything, down to the last bit of information but please can I see him? Can I see my son?" "That is why I am here. Nathanielano sent me to come to get you. He doesn't want to upset Noah. He told Noah that you were asleep. They are by the pool." Morana stood up and followed Miquel.

Nathanielano and Noah were sitting outside under the Venda. The boy saw his mother and ran to her. "Mommy! Mommy, you found daddy!" He said excitedly. She picked him up and gave him a kiss on the cheek walking over to Nathanielano.

"Actually, daddy found me." "Really?" The boy asked with wide eyes. "Yes, baby. I called uncle Gustavo as soon as I could to tell Ms King to bring you here." The boy frowned. "Then why didn't you just take Daddy to our house? It is just down the street."

With this information, Nathanielano's head shot up. A scowl was on his face but it disappeared when Noah looked around. "Because Daddy and I only came home a few hours before you came." Noah nodded. "I have another question." "Yes, baby?" "Why did uncle Gustavo ask me to give the envelope to the man at the gate? Did he know who daddy was?"

"I think he may have suspected that daddy lived here but daddy only found out yesterday. It is difficult to explain. I will explain it to you when you are older." "Promise?" "I promise baby." "When will we see uncle Gustavo again. I want to kick him." "I want to shoot him." Nathanielano said under his breath. "I don't know. But I will call him."

Noah looked at his dad. "Daddy, can I please swim?" "Do you know how to swim?" The boy nodded. "Mommy taught me when I was a baby." Nathanielano placed a forced smile on his face.

"Sure, you can swim. I would love to join you but I can't get my stitches wet." "What happened daddy? Why are you hurt?" Noah asked with a worried voice. "Don't worry. I didn't pay attention and got hurt." "Okay. Daddy should pay attention next time." Noah said as he dived into the pool.

He began swimming. "Down the fucking street?" Nathanielano asked watching his son swimming. "Yes, the safest place was right under your nose. The last place you would look was right on your doorstep."

Morana replayed also not making eye contact but looking at her son. "And you sent him to deliver that envelope. What were you going to do if I told the men to take the boy and question him?"

"Gustavo was close by should anything had happened and I knew you would never harm nor scare a child." "You really hated me that much to keep my son away from me? My own flesh and blood." He said though his clenched teeth. "Yes and no. You had tried to kill me and threaten to kill me if I was still alive."