𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, the pain of a snape

ANTHEM OF THE ANGELS
act two, chapter thirteen
❛don't go blindly into the dark❜
•°•☽•☾•°•

✦ 𝙋ENELOPE ✦
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"𝙎irius is angry at you again." Penelope sat with James when January rolled around, bringing new weather and new emotions. James and Lily began dating, Penelope and Remus had made up and had taken the decision to take things slowly this time round, Peter had finally told Elora how he had felt and even though she turned him down, Peter had a spring in his step nowadays. Elora and Regulus began going out, secretly of course, as they knew Sirius would never ever approve of it. Penelope had told Elora that she approved, that she believed that they were cute together. It had boosted Elora's self confidence and Penelope couldn't ask for more.

"He's just mad I'm settling down." James shrugged, bringing his cup of tea to his lips.

"So I was just something to pass time then." Penelope hummed, holding her cup of coffee with both hands.

James let out a chuckle. "Don't tell me that you didn't do it because you only wanted to take Moony off your mind."

"True, but I thought he just left me. I didn't know my deranged sister had kidnapped him." She sighed. After all the fiasco, she hadn't seen Maisie at all. Something she was happy about. Maisie was dark and twisted and sinister. Penelope knew she had a thing for the Dark Lord, she and Bellatrix Lestrange both, as she did things no one would even dare to do.

"You and I both know that Moony will never just disappear like that."

Penelope shrugged. "Last year was a shitty year, okay? From finding out Elora is a backstabbing, lying bitch, to punching both Snapes and wall, to being nearly mauled to death by Rem, to having whatever we had, to having to become a Death Eater to save Rem...."

"Don't just focus on the negatives Penny." James told her as Lily and her friends walked in. "You and Lily made up, you and Elora made up and you're a Maurader." James smiled at her and he averted his smile towards Lily. "Hey love."

"Hey." Lily greeted, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Hey Penny." She politely greeted the pink haired Ravenclaw. "Sirius is yelling for you."

"Hey Lils, nice to see you M and M's." Penelope winked at Mary and Marlene, who had blushed and Penelope grinned when she noticed it and she leaned towards James. "I still got the charm Potter." She chugged her coffee down before standing up. "Looking lovely as always Marlene but I need to go before Sirius somehow manages to burn down the entire castle."

"Knowing him," Mary began, shaking her head. "It's a possibility."

"Exactly why I need to leave." She announced before she quickly slipped out the kitchens, where she came face to face with a red faced Sirius, who was screaming with Elora and Peter. Penelope made eye contact with them, Sirius grinning and Penelope grinned even wider, running towards him. Sirius' grin fell when he noticed what was going on and he tried running off, only to bump into Peter and they both went sprawling to the floor. Penelope then threw herself on top of them.

"Merlin Penny—my ribs." Sirius whispered, trying to rub his aching ribs and accidentally touched Penelope's breast. He had screamed and Penelope had never laughed that hard in her life before. Her happiness didn't last—but in a time like this, when will it ever?

•°•☽•☾•°•

𝘾ARROW AND LESTRANGE AMBUSH A MUGGLE SHOP! TWO DEAD AND MULTIPLE SEVERELY INJURED!

Penelope's blood ran cold when she realized that it could be her soon. As she thought this, the Mark burned against her skin. She was in the Ravenclaw Tower with her friends and boyfriend. When Xenopholius asked for the Prophet, Penelope was more than happy to give it to him.

"Dumbledore's starting this thing. Order of the Phoenix, he calls it." James had told them. "I think we should join after graduation."

"What about Penny?" Peter asked, concerned as he handed the girl in question a mint bar.

"What about Penny?" Remus raised a brow. The full moon had been two nights ago and for the first time, he had allowed Penelope to go with. Werewolf Remus was absolutely not happy about the raven that kept flying around his head but it had worked. He didn't even get a new scar this month.

"She's a you-know-what." Peter whispered and Penelope rolled her eyes.

"You can say it Pete, everyone knows I'm a Death Eater." Penelope shrugged. It was true, Lily knew, Mary knew, Marlene knew, Xenopholius knew and even Alice knew although she had graduated last year. "And I don't think I am going to join, Dumbledore will never let me join anyway."

"Don't say that Penny, he might let you join. He's letting you stay at school." Lily pointed out and Penelope let out a scoff.

"Only because I have to finish my last year, which thank Merlin is nearing."

"It's still kind of weird you know?" Elora suddenly spoke up and everyone looked at her. Having red hair had also boosted her confidence, which Penelope liked. "How I'm sitting here despite being a Snape and all and not having one single argument with any of you guys."

"You're not as bad as your brother—"

"Sev has issues Mary, don't judge a book by its cover." Penelope cut her off quickly. True, she and Severus didn't really see eye to eye but he's still Elora's brother and believe it or not, Severus Snape had been Penelope's first and official crush at age eleven until she started developing feelings for James in third year and then it was Remus, but we all know how that story goes. "I know things about Severus Snape that Lily and Elora don't know. I've seen what he's seen, felt what he's felt, you can't judge him on what he's done. I know Sev's pain. I know the horrors he's faced, the demons he's battled. You can't judge him on the front he gives."

"Penny is right. He's a dick, honestly but people are dicks for reasons." Sirius backed her up and for a moment, Penelope saw the times he went searching for Remus with her, sniffing the ground, running until his legs grew tired and his paws ached. Sirius Black was an amazing person and that's when Penelope realized something. She's gotten attached to them and her mother had been right and wrong about friends. They did stab you in the back, but came back afterwards. They did lie, but for a greater cause. They were sometimes dicks, but for a reason.

"You don't need a reason to be one Black." Elora snorted and everyone joined in on the laughter. Penelope smiled at this, these were her friends, her family and she just won't swap it for the entire world. Friends stick together, no matter what the turmoil they find themselves in. And Penelope was proud to say that her friends have stuck by her side during everything. Losing Remus for 10 months, worrying her ass off about him, but they stuck by her side. Sure, they fought, but don't they all?

•°•☽•☾•°•
friends stick together, no matter what
•°•☽•☾•°•