Jodi x Reader

A/N: @yuhmgee wanted this so I wrote it.  I literally wrote this all today after my classes over cuz I wanted to to be done by the time I said. I've been working on a Hosie story for the past like month or two so I've been putting most of my focus into that. Anyways. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy this. 

—————————————————

Y/N and Jodi have always been best friends. They've known each other since they were kids. But what happens when Y/N catches feelings for Jodi? Will she like her back? Will she reject her? Read and find out.

I've never written an x Reader story and idk if it's already a thing but when it says Y/N.N. it means your nickname. Btw if you need a visual, the reader's style is inspired by 2015-2016 Lauren Jauregui.

Jodi, Reader, John, Poki, Toast, Sykkuno, Lily, and Rae: 17 y/o in senior year

Michael: 15 y/o in sophomore year

Scarra and Corpse: 19 y/o in sophomore year of college

••••••••

*Y/N POV*

It was the first day of senior year. I was sitting in my first class of the day, Chemistry, in my usual seat at the back of the class. Jodi is a teacher's pet so she usually sits in the front, but this time she chose to sit next to me in the back. I was used to being alone during class. I liked it. There were no distractions and I could get through the class without having to talk to anyone. If Jodi was going to sit next to me, there are going to be a lot of distractions. The thing is I've had a crush on her for years and she doesn't know that. It's not like she would ever go for me. She's as straight as they come. She even has a boyfriend named John. He's a good guy but I envy him. He's able to be with her...and I'm not.

"Hey weirdo," Jodi said as she sat next to me. The lighting hit her perfectly, highlighting all of her features.

"'Sup dummy. What are you doing back here? You normally sit at the front," I asked, still admiring her. She's beautiful. Everyone else sees it too. The entire school named her the prettiest girl in school. And the most popular. She's the whole package: pretty, kind, smart, funny. Who wouldn't like her?

"I took this class during the summer so I already have the credits for it. I could've taken a free period but I wanted to spend more time with you, Y/N," She smiled at me. And she's thoughtful. Just make me fall for you even more, why don't ya? "What's up with you? You're making that look again."

"I'm fine. What look?" I tilted my head to the side, awaiting her answer.

She squinted her eyes at me, trying to read me. I turn away from her, hiding my face. She used her finger to turn my head back to her. "Oh. My. God. You totally like someone. And you didn't tell me!? Who is she? Is it the same girl? Come on Y/N, we're best friends. You're supposed to tell me these things." I was shocked. She could always read me like an open book. It was a skill of hers. I mean, what can I expect? We've known each other for 10 years.

"I still don't understand how you can read me from a single expression. We've known each other for the same amount of time and even I still have trouble guessing what you're thinking. You're complicated. So how do you do that?" I asked, trying to distract her from the topic at hand. I could never tell her. It would only bring heartbreak.

"Don't try doing that. I know all of your tricks. It's the same girl still, huh?" I nodded to her. "Y/N, you've been hung up on this girl for years. Ask her out already, pussy. Or at least tell me who she is." I chuckled at her comment.

"Never to both of those options. She has a boyfriend. I'm pretty sure she's completely straight," I looked down at my hands and heard Jodi wince.

"Ouch. A straight girl. That has to hurt. But you never know. She could be deep in the closet. Ask her out and see what she says. Then you'll have your answer," I mumbled a "Fine" to her and looked up. She looked pleased with herself. The teacher entered the room as the bell rang to indicate the start of class.