Chapter 1: Preparations

Author's note: So yeah, uh just a few things to note. I'll try to be as consistent as possible with the what if story, in regards to the fact Link never awoke at the shrine of resurrection. I apologize if I mess up, I'll try to correct it. Another thing, while this story is gonna revolve around our favorite duo, I will like some time to shine for the other characters. That's all enjoy

"You want to what!?"

Inside the throne room of Zora's Domain, Mipha held her hands together over her chest, similar to the way people pray to the goddess, Hylia.

The throne room was layered with crystal blue shards, illuminating the room and creating an aqua aura. In the back wall of the small room was a throne, and by it, an elderly, green Zora was hunched over with his hands behind his back.

Sitting on top of the large silver throne, a gargantuan Zora was leaning over Mipha, casting a shadow over her. His navy blue exterior was adorned with silver trinkets and plates over his shoulders. The ensemble completed with a red cloth strapping across the King's chest.

"Yes father, I want to go with Link and travel the world with him!" She spoke with determination. "I realize that I have duties, but I'm certain I'm allowed a little freedom from
the confines of royalty." She looked up to him. "Especially considering I was able to assist with the annihilation of Calamity Ganon!

The King sat back in his chair restfully, sighing in contemplation. "Link eh? That boy is as reckless as they come. I recall you using your healing power more so on him than anyone else, if I'm not mistaken." He shifted in his chair, making eye contact with his daughter. "Even so, I've never met a Hylian like him, someone who demonstrates such courage is no mere man. I'd entrust your safety in his capable hands."

"Your highness!" The green Zora next to him spoke out, catching the attention of both the other attendants. "Is this really wise? Link is a trustworthy adversary to say the least, but at the chance of forfeiting Lady Mipha's life? I couldn't imagine the atrocities waiting for them."

"At ease Muzu. I'm confident in both Link's swordsmanship and Mipha's elegance with a lance." The king slowly turned his head back to Mipha. "You may travel to wherever you will, just make sure to come back home safely." Mipha nodded her head.

"Thank you Father. I too have faith in Link's abilities." She turned around, and started walking out. "I'm sorry to abruptly leave, but Link is gonna be staying here for a little bit before our departure, I need to make sure things are ready." She turned her head back to the king once more. "I'll be back to say goodbye before I leave!" With that, she took off through the large door frame and down the stairs.

"L-lady Mipha! Wait!" Muzu started hobbling after her, but to no avail, he walked back to his spot next to his king, defeatedly.

"What's wrong Muzu? Surely you trust Link as much as I do?" The king scratched his scar on top his forehead.

"Your Highness, I do trust Link, but it's still too risky." He crossed his arms. "For what purpose are they even leaving!? They're attempting to risk their life, but for no justifiable cause!"

"Muzu...." The elder turned his head towards his king.

"Yes King Dorephan?"

"Mipha has started crafting the Zora Armor. She's almost completed it." Muzu's jaw dropped.

"What! She's already found a future husband?!" He subconsciously set his hands on the arm of the throne. Once he realized what he was doing, he jumped backwards in panic, shaking his head. "But Lady Mipha is so young, who is this future Zora Prince she seeks?"