Chapter 2: Departure

Authors note: Just so y'all know, if something doesn't match up PERFECTLY (like the red gem in the armor instead of a green one) I apologize but it's just how I myself as the author envisions it. Nuff said, hope y'all enjoy

Zora's Domain: The Royal Chambers

     Mipha was sound asleep, her hands kept clasped together and under her cheek as she snored lightly through the morning silence.

The brisk, cool air flowed through Zora's Domain. A bracing temperature for the Zoras, for they had mild cold resistance. There wasn't much commotion in the Domain due to the time of day, so the only sound to be heard was the purifying noise of flowing water.

    Mipha stirred in her sleep, halting her light snoring momentarily. Suddenly, Mipha shot up into a sitting position, groggily shaking her head from the dream she just had.

    "Ah, L-link?" She yawned, stretching her arms before sliding off her bed.

    Traditionally, Zoras do not sleep on solid beds, in their stead, they prefer to slumber in these aquatic beds of which are filled to the brim with water. However, Mipha decided it would be best to change her habits. That way she can...

    Mipha walked towards her dresser half-heartily, splashing through her watery floor with struggle. She opened a drawer and pulled out a small, silver hand mirror. She then reached over to her night table and grabbed a stick of lip balm. She gazed into the mirror, briefly staring into her own eyes before hastily applying the red layer to her lips.

   Typically, Zoras never defaulted to using makeup for any reason, with the exception of regal invitations and events. Most makeup would wash away anyways, so Zoras never bothered with the hassle. However, Mipha always applied a healthy layer every day. That way she can...

    The princess then opened another drawer, and gently pulled out a blue cloth. The attire was a royal blue, marked with engravings from Hylian Royalty. The triforce was embroidered in the center of it all, the mark of the sealing powers Princess Zelda fashioned. She folded it neatly and hung it over her shoulder like a sash, tying the two loose ends together behind her back rhythmically.

    Zoras hardly ever wore clothing, save for royalty who wore the appropriate emblems and regal jewelry to portray their authority. However, Mipha was the only Zora in the entire domain to wear anything of cotton origin. Every day she wears the gift from the Hylian Princess, that way she can...

    "Lady Mipha!" Just as the princess finished up, a bewildered voice hollered out from behind, making her turn in surprise.

    "Oh, Muzu." She sighed as the short green Zora walked over to her.

    "Lady Mipha, before you go please take this." The elder brandished a large silver trident from seemingly nowhere behind his back. "It's your Lightscale Trident, fully repaired and refined." He bowed down respectfully, holding it out with both hands.

    "Ah! The Lightscale Trident!" She eagerly snatched the weapon childishly, and began feeling its smooth engravings. The started from the silvery, smooth handle of the weapon, then worked her way up to the tip of it, tapping the sharp points marked with a crimson red. "It's as good as new! Thank you Muzu." Her gaze never left the weapon.

    "Yes, I had Dento reforge it to its former resplendence." He nodded, stroking his dangling whiskers. "But Lady Mipha, I need to speak to you about Link." He stepped closer, gaining her attention at the mention of the hero. "Is it true that your heart belongs to him?" Muzu uttered, almost incoherently.