Chapter 3: Birthright

Author's Note: Thanks to the_eyeoftheyiga for being so supportive of the story and bouncing ideas off me to help progress the story in interesting and unique ways. I appreciate criticism and support, or just reading my story. Sooo yeah just have a wonderful day and a wonderful Christmas.

    "S-so uhhh, how do I do this exactly..?" Link swallowed hard, sweating profusely.

    "You just need to jump in, swim up, and have faith. I assure you, the armor will do the rest." Mipha giggled at Link's timidity.

    The duo were staring up a towering waterfall on top a nearby hill, a torrent of clear water falling out of the sky and crashing into the lake surrounding Zora's Domain. A generous mist was being produced at the climax, which obscured a great deal of Link's vision. This added onto his uncertainty.

    "Mipha, I'll just climb up this mountain. I'd rather not drown under a waterfall." He shook his head, eyes still fixed onto the stream of water.

    "Hmm. If you say so Link..." Mipha slyly walked up behind the paralyzed hero. With him distracted, Mipha was able to go unnoticed and decided to act out a devious stunt. With an innocent smile, she charged at him and shoved his back with all her might, propelling Link straight into the water near the falls.

    "Ahhhh!" He instinctively reached for his Paraglider, but his hand grasped nothing, causing him to flail his arms in desperation. Link hit the water with an adequate splash, sending water upward and even hitting the distant Mipha with a few droplets.

    A few moments pass by, the only noise filling the silence is the onslaught of water interrupting the peace. Link then emerged from the depths, gasping for air. His hair was now soaked, turning a darker color and drooping from his head defeatedly. The hero turned his head only to be greeted with Mipha giggling uncontrollably.

    "Hehehe, I just thought you needed a little push~" She gave him an innocent smile, making Link squint in suspicion.

    "Okay, you got me." He laughed as well, swimming towards land for something to grab onto. Before he could find something however, Link's eyes widened as he saw Mipha get a running start and fluidly dived right at the hero. "Whoa!" He ducked dramatically, as the Zora hit the water a couple paces next to him, producing a small and restrained splash.

    Mipha emerged immediately from underwater and gave him a bright smile, of which he returned. "Are you ready?" She asked him. "Just watch me and try to follow in my steps." She gracefully swam through the water as a Zora would, waving her hips fluidly up and down, accelerating herself towards the waterfall swiftly. She reached the foot of the waterfall and turned her body upward, kicking her feet from the water and facing the bombardment of the falls head on. With one more strong kick, she started ascending the waterfall with elegance, traversing the stream as a Salmon would.

   "Wow..." Link stared at her display, completely mesmerized. In almost no time at all, Mipha reached the top of the towering mountain, waving down to Link from the great distance. He looked at the daunting torrent before him, recalling the way Mipha faced it without fear. The sound of crashing water grew louder as he closed in, forcing him to swim faster as the current grew stronger stronger.  "I can do this! I just need faith." He nearly reached the bottom of the falls, and with a determined nod and a strong swim dash... Link swam in the opposite direction of the waterfall. "Yeahhh I'm just gonna climb the mountain." He sighed, defeated.

On top Ploymus Mountain

"I still think you should've at least tried." Mipha complained while trailing Link from behind.