9.8K 405 747

"Give yourself another day, another chance. You will find your courage eventually. Don't give up on yourself just yet.
-Unknown-
________________________________

A month or two had passed and Hogwarts was covered in snow. Nearly everywhere you went, you would be greeted by a shivering wind and students throwing snowballs at each other. The windows were covered in ice, and the benches which Y/n would often sit on to read would have a few icicles here and there.

Y/n was in the great hall eating breakfast when the owls came in with letters in their beaks. Y/n didn't really expect to get a letter. Then, unexpectedly, a letter landed in her hands. It had a purple wax seal stamp and looked quite ordinary.

She recognised the letter because it looked identical to the Slug Club invitation. Y/n wasn't really looking forward to another meeting but little did she know, that this meeting wasn't going to be about potions at all. The meeting would start that night and Y/n quickly started to panic. Amelia noticed her panicked expression and sat closer to her.

"What's wrong?" she asked with a worried expression.

"There's a Slug Club meeting tonight and I have no idea what to wear!" Y/n blurted, panic clear in her voice.

"You dummy," Amelia replied which made Y/n's worried expression change to a confused one. Amelia noticed this and pointed to a spot on the letter. "Members do NOT have to wear anything formal." Amelia read out loud which made Y/n's cheeks turn a deep red.

"Oh, sorry." Y/n replied, embarrassed.

Amelia chuckled and shook her head. "That's okay." she said before going back to eat her food.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n was on her way to the charms classroom when she was stopped by James.

"Y/n!" he exclaimed which caused Y/n to turn around. James rushed up to her and cupped her cheek to kiss her.

After a few moments into the kiss, Y/n pulled away, not wanting to attract attention to them. She looked down at her feet awkwardly as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. James noticed this unusual act and he crouched down a little before lifting her chin with his finger.

"Hey darling, what's wrong?" he asked.

Y/n sighed, not really knowing the answer to his question.

"I just...don't want to seem so...public affection." Y/n muttered, though her answer sounded more like a question. James nodded and held her hand.

"Well, we have the same class so I'll walk you." he said, trying to lighten her mood. As they walked, Y/n started to question her strange behaviour.

'Maybe I'm on my period...' thought Y/n, trying to come up with a conclusion.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A few hours had passed and since the Slug Club meeting was nearing, Y/n decided to pick her outfit.

Options: