CHAPTER 11: A DASH OF LOVE

I wanna dedicate this chapter to the sweet @PragathiSuresh I don't know if you've tried my family cake recipe, but I hope you'll like this cooking session 😉😋 Thank you so much for your support on all of my works ❤😘 Love you!

My gaze wanders to Theone's bag on the stool instead of weighing the sugar, and the glimpse of his camera case leaves my thoughts to roam even more. It must be important if he's given up a photo shoot just because of a few walkers, when the sun is providing a perfect and exceptional lighting behind the few clouds today.

"Okay, I'll show you the list if you tell me." 

It draws Theone's head out of the fridge with, of course, a smug smile.

"But." I put my finger up as he puts the egg carton on the counter. "You tell me first."

"What tells me you're gonna honor your words?" He narrows his eyes at me, pushing the egg carton on the island between us, and I swear he's watched too many westerns, yet I still imitate his expression.

"What proves me you'll tell me? I don't trust you."

"Well, I'm not the one lying to everyone."

Shoot, he's got me, and he knows it, judging by the smug look in his eyes.

"Okay, but you gotta promise to not laugh at me." I heave out a sigh, knowing I'll regret it as he puts his left hand up, the other on his heart.

I slide my fingers under my sweater, reaching in my bra to pull out the white square of paper that is becoming more and more crumpled, while Theone stares at me under his lifted eyebrows.

"What?! This is the only place I know you wouldn't look."

"Don't underestimate me, Penny." He flashes his eyebrows, his gaze flicking down to my chest as he grabs the unfolded paper in my hand.

"Perv!" I turn away from his wandering piercing eyes as a rush of heat that is not only from anger flushes my cheeks. I don't even know why, but I'm not used to talk about my boobs with guys, especially because with their small size, there isn't much to talk about.

"Let's see..." I've barely finished pouring the sugar that his amused tone brings my gaze back to him.

"What? You're wearing glasses now?" I'm the one laughing now, shaking my head at this sight that I would have never imagined: Theone with glasses, and about to read my precious Christmas romance plan, but I try to divert my mind from this scary detail, observing his black rimmed glasses.

"Yeah, I'm old now. You don't know what it is." He adjusts his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"You're just two years older than me." I lift an eyebrow as he starts reading with a concentrated look that doesn't resemble him. "Besides, you didn't need them yesterday when you peeked at my list."

"I would have read the whole list if I'd had my glasses," he retorts, keeping his gaze down on the paper, and the lower his gaze travels down the written lines, the more my stomach shrivels.

"I bet you're wearing them just to look more mature!" I shake my head, glancing between the list and the still half-empty bowl. 

I know I should hurry a little, or those cookies will never be made, yet leaving my list in the devil's hands is raising all the alarms inside my head.

"I must admit that the ladies love it!" He flashes me one of his famous smirks, with both of his dimples of course, and indeed the black plastic rectangles are bringing out the green in his eyes.