CHAPTER 15: LIGHTS AND EGGNOG

Surprise! To celebrate the 100 votes and 400 reads, I'm posting another chapter today!! I hope you'll like it! It's one of my favorites so far!! 🤭😁😘

Two chapters in a day also means two dedications, and this chapter is dedicated to one of my new readers from whom I'm really enjoying the comments and support on this story 🥰 Thank you ❤😘 @anonymouswriter237 I'm honored to meet and see you in this story!

I look back at him as we stop in front of the colorful booth. His eyes are holding that same puppy expression, and they widen in front of my sparkling gaze.

"Oh no, I don't think I'm ready for this..." 

"You are." I grin, grabbing a navy item from a rail. "You've said it yourself: you're finding the Christmas spirit!"

"And these sweaters will help me?" He laughs lightly, shaking his head.

"Yes, ugly sweaters are a tradition! You have no choice."

He glances down skeptically at the gingerbread and snow men patterns encircling the words 'Merry Christmas' on the navy sweater I'm holding.

"If you try this one, I'll let you choose one for me," I suggest, making his head snap up to me again.

He grabs the sweater hesitantly. "Okay, deal." He offers me a smile, taking off his jacket and sweater, and of course, I can't peel my eyes away from the way his muscles flex in the process, my mind wandering to what it would look like if he removed also the last thin layer of his tee-shirt.

The image of a Christmas present unwrapping for me, with a bow on top, warms my cheeks, and I have to look away before I turn redder than the Santas on the sweaters around.

"So what do you think?" he asks, his smile highlighted by the dark color of the sweater.

Once again, the sweater kinda looks incongruous on Aden, who seems to be more fit for suits and tux, yet it hugs perfectly his strong shoulders, and I find him even cuter in this outfit I would have never imagined him in.

"You're handsome!" I smile, taking the opportunity to rake my eyes down his body. "Sold!" I declare, waving to the vendor.

"No, keep it!" I stop Aden before he can take off the sweater. "You gotta keep it. It's my gift for you."

"You're sure? You know I can pay," Aden offers like the gentleman he is, already searching for his wallet in his jacket, but I don't let him.

"Sure, it's from your little elf."

"Okay, then I'll find you one too." He heads for the women's section.

His eyebrows are pulled together as he is hesitating between the various green, red, and white fabrics, and I let my eyes wander around the rails.

I'm lost in my thoughts and in the Christmas tune of 'Last Christmas' when a green sweater catches my attention. It isn't surprising, seeing the flashing lights embedded in the patterns.

"I've found the one." Aden's voice behind me makes me jump out of my contemplation.

I turn around and I'm met by a red and white sweater with an elf costume in the center along with the words 'Christmas Spirit'.

If I've thought I've been melting before, now I'm drowning in cinnamon latte, and I'm probably the only person on earth with a grin as wide in front of an ugly Christmas sweater.

"This is perfect! I love it!" And I think I won't ever want to take it off.

"I'm glad you like it! So I think now you gotta wear it too."