The Meeting

Phil wasn't sure how much longer he was going to survive. The snow was coming down in sheets, he couldn't see more than a few feet in front of him, and he couldn't feel his fingers. The sun had set a few hours ago, and the temperature dropped with it. He had eaten his last pork chop as the moon rose into the sky, and now he was cold and hungry. Great. He pulled his jacket tight as he trudged forward, wind whipping against through his hair and biting at his face. He fell to his knees, snow softening the blow, but not by much. He wasn't going to make it. A strong gust of wind blew by, knocking his hat off his head and into the distance. He tried to reach for it, but he was so fatigued he could barely lift his arms, much less chase after a flying object. He loosened his grip on his jacket, and placed his hands in the snowbank, ready to take his last breath.

"Goodbye..." He murmured, as he collapsed into the snow for what he thought was the final time.

"Are you alright?" A voice asked.

He squinted his eyes, and could barely see through the snow to attach the voice to a face. He gave a slight murmur in response, and tried to reach out, but failed.

There was a pause.

"Don't worry, I'll get you to safety, just hang on for a little longer." The voice said.

Everything went black.

Phil awoke to a bright orange light. He squinted his eyes, and soon realized it was emanating from a fireplace across the room. He was laying on a couch in what appeared to be a small living room. He tried to sit up, but a jolt of pain went through his body.

"No, no, don't sit up so quickly, you'll hurt yourself." The voice from before said.

Phil heeded the voice and tried again, this time more slowly. He propped himself up on the couch with his wrist, and looked over to the doorway the voice was coming from.

"Thank you for taking me in, I didn't think I was going to make it out of the storm alive." Phil said, straining his neck in an attempt to locate the voice's owner through the doorway.

"It's no trouble at all, I'm just glad I found you in time." The voice replied.

Phil looked at the ceiling for a moment, before realizing there was someone.... no... something? Standing in the doorway.

"Would you like some cocoa?" Said the voice.

It clicked instantly. The voice was emanating from a Samsung Smart Fridge, stood in the doorway leading to the kitchen. The led display on the left door flashed amicably, almost as if in a smile.

Phil's vision became blurry, and soon his head hit couch as he fell back out of consciousness

END PART 1