Chapter 9

RM seems to be sleeping now-but I'm not entirely sure. His eyes are closed, his head is slightly dipped and he sounds like he's snoring a bit, but I'm still unsure. That's just the sort of thing RM is-you're unsure about everything about him, and he just happens to be a god of death long thought to be dead.

 That's just the sort of thing RM is-you're unsure about everything about him, and he just happens to be a god of death long thought to be dead

So he wants to kill the Dragon Vessels, huh...

I know that legend! Though, it's not so much as a legend as it is an objective fact known by most everyone on the Ixirean continent-it's simply referred to as a legend due to how legendary the events that took place long ago and are currently taking place are.

It's quite the interesting story, in my opinion. Basically, a really long time ago before the time of Demons (which are anomalies upon this continent-nobody knows of their origins, not even RM), there was a life goddess named Gaia, who took the form of a serpentine dragon, and allegedly had the eyes of a goat. 

She had around...3 children, and each one ruled over an element-Flambuvel ruled fire, Aquedion ruled water and Oxither ruled the air and the skies. And-this is where the story varies depending on who you ask or what you read-she either had another child, that being Rigor Mortis-RM, or he was a separate entity altogether that had nothing to do with her. RM says that the former is true, but he genuinely hates talking about Gaia. He's fine with talk about his other siblings, even though he still doesn't like talking about them. Something about both versions of the legend and what little he's told me doesn't add up.

Anyways, as the story goes, RM ended up killing all of his siblings for some unknown reason, and then Gaia retaliated by killing him, as well. He also has mentioned that this part isn't true either, but goes completely silent about it when asked. 

Gaia then went to the three major human tribes at that time, the Emrylians, the Waixeans and the Atceans, and told their leaders that in 3,000 years from then, someone would be born into their families who would hold the soul of one of the deceased dragon gods. Those people would have to go to the Versammlung Tower, a tower built by her, to reincarnate the gods and return the world to how it used to be back in those older days. I bet that would take care of the relatively recent demon problem, too. Eventually, those tribes turned into countries, and then that prophecy came true.

A man who can't be burnt by fire, a man who can breathe as easily under the seas as he can on the land, and a woman who can fly like the great birds of the skies... Soleil, Azule, and...Them..
The prophecy was already kind of ruined before I came along-there's something really weird going on with Oxither's vessel-or, should I say, vessels... I don't know all the details, as it's very hush-hush for Emrylia, the country Oxither's soul went to.

RM was very much not a part of that prophecy and was supposed to stay dead, but then I came along and brought him back and ruined the whole thing even more than it already was! I laughed, obviously a bit too much and too loudly for RM's liking, as he woke up and snapped, "Why the hell are you laughing so hard? Go to sleep." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

that moment when the wattpad version of your story you started writing after the comic turns out to be better than the comic itself

I feel like the comic version is more of a less detailed summary, but i've been getting better about adding more detail to it as time goes on.

Anyways, shorter chapter since the page this was based off of is also shorter. It's just a lore dump from the POV of a wolf girl who happens to know a death god who played a big role in it, but said death god won't tell her shit due to spoilers-if I mention anything more someone might connect the dots, but then again, the description of the story alone is a big hint...hm. 

I'd still like you to read it though! https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/hollow-hearted-life/list?title_no=422138