Slytherin Harry

*I got this idea partly from KonoCrowleyDa on reddit and partly from my brain*

Harry and Draco walked down towards Slytherin house after Snape had instructed them to leave potions early so Harry could get acquainted with his new house before everyone else got there. Draco decided he'd better start telling Potter what is expected of him as a Slytherin now, so that he wouldn't embarrass himself later. Potter was a Snake now, whether he liked it or not, and Snakes stick together.  "Okay Potter, I've got no idea why you've been switched to Slytherin, I've never heard of the hat changing its decision, especially 5 years after its made said decision, either way, you need to know the rules of Slytherin." Draco Malfoy stopped his speech at Harry's confused look, "What Potter!?" he said, already regretting agreeing to introduce him to their house. "There's rules to Slytherin house?" Harry asked, confused. Gryffindor didn't have any specific house rules, as long as they followed the school rules, they were fine. Draco looked at Harry and raised an eyebrow, "Of course there are rules for Slytherin house." Draco responded in a very condescending tone, 'were there no rules for Gryffindor?.' he thought 'That explains so  much.' 

Draco and Harry got to the entrance to the Slytherin common room and Draco said, "The password changes twice a year, the first password will work up until winter break, and then after winter break you'll need to use the second password. If you happen to forget the password, just go to professor Snape's office and he'll remind you... and probably insult you as well" Harry scowled, "of course he will" he mumbled, stepping through the door that appeared in the wall. Draco let out a laugh, "He's like that to everyone, don't take it personal, that's just who he is-" Harry shot him a disbelieving look, "What do you mean 'he's like that to everyone-" Draco smirked and cut Harry off, "Potter, have you seen him be civil towards any Slytherin besides me?" Harry scrunched his eyebrows together, "well, no but-" Draco cut Harry off again, "Severus is not nice to anyone Potter, not even if you're in Slytherin. Well, with the exception of me, I am his godson though, he practically raised me." Harry's jaw dropped at Draco's confession. Harry thought for a bit, it made sense, Malfoy being Snape's godson. 

Harry closed his mouth and turned away from Draco, "You changed the furniture." he said. Harry's eyes went wide and his hand shot up to his mouth. Draco spun around so fast, he got whiplash. "How the hell do you know we changed the furniture!?" Draco said, loudly. Harry looked a bit scared, "um... well- uh" he stuttered,"in second year we thought you were the heir of Slytherin sowepolyuicedourselvesintocrabbeandgoyletogetthingsoutofyou" he rushed out the last part, scared for Malfoys reaction. Draco stared at him, trying to decipher what had just been said, "Why on earth would you think I was the heir of Slytherin?" he asked, a bit calmer. Harry stared at him, "well you said 'you'll be next mudbloods' and that made Ron think that you were the heir, we kind of went along with it. You were not the heir" Draco stared at Harry, then shook his head, "The boys' dorm is on the right, the girls' is on the left." they started up the stairs, "there are two beds in each room, and then each genders' dorm has a mini common room. You are allowed to have girls...or guys, I don't know what you're into, in your dorm, but Snape said that if he walks in on you doing something with someone that he has to tell your parents...or guardians, mostly because of the school rules. Though, he's walked in on numerous people and has yet to tell anyone." Draco said, they stopped in what Harry guessed was the boys' common room. Draco pointed toward a door that said '5th year' "Through this door is where we sleep, Crabbe and Goyle share a room, Blaise and Theo, and then I guess you and I will share a room, as I am only one without a roommate." They walked into the room they would  be sleeping in. Harry was utterly amazed. He's allowed to have people in his room, both girls and guys, he liked both equally so that was great, he only has to share a room with one other person, and- Harry looked around- the room was amazing it had  fireplace, a couch, two chairs, a bookshelf, two desks, two huge beds-each with a nightstand, and two wardrobes.

Draco watched Harry look around the room in amazement, jeez you think the man never had a room before. "That's your side of the room, if you don't like it, there is a book of spells for decorating on the bookshelf somewhere." Harry looked over at Draco, "Why would I change it?" he asked,"Just thought you'd like to make it more like home, or like you dorm in Gryffindor." Harry shook his head and sat down on the couch, "No? well if you change your mind, you know how to change it. Now, you need to know the three most important rules of slytherin. The first one: once a snake always a snake, your house is your family, you stick by your family no matter what. Meaning if one of your fellow Slytherins is in trouble, you help them out. Number two: arguments, fights, and disagreements are not to leave the common room, you are not to disagree with any Slytherins outside of the common room, our house gets enough shit as it is, we don't need to turn on each other as well." Draco stayed quiet for a while, leaning against the wall in front of Harry "What's the third rule?" Harry asked, Draco smirked, "do everything in your power to annoy Severus, without giving him a legitimate reason to punish you." Harry raised his eyebrows, "I think my mere presence is enough for him to want to suspend me." Harry said Draco laughed, "C'mon, we have about 30 minutes 'till dinner, I'll introduce you to everyone" Harry followed Draco out of their room, and into the boy's common room. Zabini, Nott, Goyle, and Crabbe were all sitting there. "Hey Dray, Hey Potter, Welcome to Slytherin," Zabini said blatantly looking Harry up and down licking his lips, and grinning. Draco scoffed, "Blaise! Give him at least 24 hours before you start hitting on him, Merlin, you'll scare him." Harry laughed, "No, it's okay Malfoy, I like this one" he said, then winked at Blaise, and went downstairs to the main common room. Four of the boys' jaw dropped, meanwhile Blaise just grinned, "I knew he wasn't straight"

When the boys finally went downstairs, they found Harry talking to a first year, the kid seemed to be crying, and Harry's face was tender, but they all saw his eyes flashing with pure hatred, they all tensed up a bit, scared of what Harry was doing to the poor child. They were all pleasantly surprised when Harry pulled the kid in for a hug, the child buried his face in Harry's shoulder, and cried harder. They all walked over to where the pair were, and were about to sit down when the door opened, the four boys looked over to see the one and only, Severus Snape, walk through the door. His eyes scanned the room, and finally fell on Harry Potter hugging  a sobbing Ashton Chostum. He looked at the boys standing near them and raised an eyebrow they all shrugged and looked back down at the pair. Once Ashton calmed down a bit, Harry sat Ashton down and said, "Professor, Ashton needs Murtlap Essence to soothe the pain in his hand, do you have that?" After he asked the question, he turned away from the child, and locked eyes with Professor Snape. Snape rose an eyebrow, "What?" Harry turned to Ashton, "Ash, show him your hand, he can help make the pain go away." Harry said to Ashton. The little boy looked up at Snape, the man had helped him before, when he was homesick during the first semester. He had given Ashton hot chocolate, and told him everything was going to be okay. 

Ashton raised his hand up for Snape to see. Snape walked closer to look at the child's hand. It was bloody, and looked as though it had words etched into it. It did have words etched into it

"I will not talk back"

"Did someone carve this into your hand!?" Snape ground out through his teeth, clearly trying to keep his temper under control. Ashton looked conflicted. Harry spoke up, "Technically, no one etched it into his hand, but he had a detention with Umbridge. In Umbridge's detentions, she makes you write lines, but with a special quill that your blood as ink." Harry held up his own hand that still had the scars on it

"I must not tell lies" 

Was clearly written into his hand. "I defended Cedric's death, and told her that Voldemort was, in fact, back. She did not like that too much." Harry said, "I have learned, that Murtlap Essence helps with the pain, that is why I asked." Snape's eyes were wide, "Mr. Chostum, please come with me, I will get you all healed up. Potter, I will see you after dinner for you remedial potions lessons. Dinner is in five minutes." Snape said, taking Ashton's unhurt hand in his and leading him out of the common room. Harry looked up at the group of boys that were still staring at him. Harry smiled, "Hello, shall we head down to dinner?" they all nodded.

I'll probably add onto this later, I just needed something to post while I'm working on my other story, I used to always get mad when a writer would be like "Oh I'm sorry I haven't posted, I'm trying" but now I get it. I've been trying to write this one damned fic for like 6 months, and I keep getting writer's block. Its fcking annoying.