nombre un

5:45am monday / first day of your senior year.

'ring ring'

"huh" you say as you are rudely awoken by your phone ringing.

"get up bitch, i'm outside let's go"

"ughhhhh" you hang up on your best friend to go get ready for track practice. 5 minutes later you are dressed in a t-shirt, your track hoodie, nike pro shorts, socks, scuffs and you have your two bags. one with your spikes (track shoes) and basketball gear for after school practice and the other one with all your school gear and clothes to wear during the day.

"bitch lamelo is starting school today" payton says driving you both to school.

"lamelo ball?!" you get excited.

"you know any other lamelos storm?" she laughs

"since when"

"since he doesn't want to play overseas anymore, you gotta show out at your game this week JJ said he was making the boys team watch the girls and the girls watch the boys" Jermaine Jackson (JJ) the coach of the basketball teams at spire was payton's uncle so she would always get me the insight for what's coming up.

"dang i might have to now girl" you both start laughing

"but in realness, you gonna board?" she asks

"imma have to with track, volleyball and basketball practises, i get too tired to drive home and i've spent too many nights passed out on rockets couch" you laugh. (rocket watts is your guy best friend and happens to be in the basketball team)

"yeah yeah that's a fact alright" payton laughs too

"lamelos boarding too though, you could spend nights on his couch" she raises her eyebrows at you.

"girl thats never gonna happen"

"who knows? never say never" she pulls up and parks.

"ughh now time to run."

-skip to after in the changing room-

"that was the worst practise we have ever had" your other friend daisy says collapsing on the floor.

"i don't even do sprints yet apparently i have to practise? makes so much sense" you puff. "imma go hit the showers right now though. i feel disgusting."

"i'm coming hang on" payton yells grabbing her towel. after your shower you change into your blue crew neck that says spire basketball, grey sweatpants, fresh socks and high jordan 1 royal toes.

 -skip to them heading to class period 1 (english with payton, daisy and lamelo)-

"let's go to my locker i need to drop this bag off it's too damn heavy" you exclaim

"yeah we got english first anyways you're good" daisy says

"i wanna find lamelo" payton whispers

"girl leave the poor boy alone" you laugh

"JJ said he was bringing him in. i should go up to him and then i'll see lamelo, perfect plan" she was so serious about this.

"payton, storm come here" oh no it's JJ.

payton walks off while i'm struggling to try fit my bag in my locker.

"hey coach, what's up" you finally make it over and daisy says she's going to class.

"you set for practice after school storm?" he asks

"well i've just been running for 2 hours with track so you wanna go easy today please?!" you bat your eyelashes at him

"girl stop you're captain this year you decide what we do" he laughs

"NO WAY! ARE YOU SERIOUS!" you starts jumping

"yes of course i am storm, you're the best on the team, you deserve it."

"thank you thank you you! won't regret it" you hug him.

"you both now have to do me a favour"

"yes uncle?" payton says

"lamelo ball starts here today and storm, you both have all the same classes and pay, you have a couple the same and i need you to look after him okay?" you both look at each other

"yes of course where is he?" payton says excited.

"he should be here any minute, storm are you getting a room here?" JJ asks.

" yeah i've got too many practises going on, why?" you question.

"well lamelos staying here too, so i was thinking i could get you a room close to him just to help him out like this is a whole new state and all" payton looks at you with large eyes and nods.

"i mean yeah i don't mind" you smile.

"JJ" you hear a voice say.

"over here melo" he calls

"melo this is payton my niece and storm, shes captain of the girls basketball team and you both have all the same classes so just stick with her till you get used to things okay?" JJ smiles

"aight" is all he says in reply.

"storm, you know where rockets room is right?"

"after all the nights i've spent on his couch after practises with you, i would say so" you and payton laugh.

"oh yeah, okay well your new room will be around there somewhere i'll go get it now and text you?" so i really do have to live near lamelo

"yeah that's cool" you calmly reply even though you are shitting your pants standing next to lamelo.

"okay text me if you need anything" he says looking at lamelo "not you payton i don't want to deal with you if i don't have to" we all laugh and he walks off.

"come on" you say and payton and lamelo follow you towards your first class.

"i'm assuming you've already met the basketball team?" you ask him.

"yeah yesterday, they cool" he replies

"well we all have the same friend group and we have isaiah in this class, so you'll be seeing us a whole lot" payton and i laugh.

"you say that like it's a bad thing?" he smiles

"i mean it could be" payton throws her hands up.

the three of you walk into your english class and you are assigned a seat in between daisy and lamelo while payton is sitting on the other side of daisy.