❦ three.

: the city's cold and empty, no one's around to judge me :

☁️ Loyalty ☁️

"Here," Michael casually said as he gave me a cup of water, along with two Advil pills. My cramps were beatin' my ass right about now, and thank God Maurice actually put his medicine cabinet to use. Sitting with my legs criss crossed on the couch while my large white hoodie was swallowing me whole, I felt at comfort even though I was wearing a hoodie during almost ninety degree weather. Maurice's air condition is broken for probably the third time within the past couple of months, and he said someone is supposed to be comin' to fix it later on today.

Sooner or later I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get heat stroke, but if I feel that I absolutely need to take my hoodie off then I will. Only thing I'm wearing under it is a cropped tank top though, so..

After puttin' the pills in my mouth I drank the cold water Michael had brought me, and it's like my organs were fueled with electricity as the water went down. The best feeling ever, may I add.

"Are you not hot?" Michael furrowed his eyebrows at me, sitting down on the couch to my left. As his eyes fixated on me his skills on eye contact flowing ever so easily, I involuntarily grow nervous. We were the only ones here for the time being because Maurice and CJ went to go pick up our food from Jack in the Box. Maurice would've gone by himself but I'm pretty sure CJ's gonna harass him to stop by Starbucks as well so she can get a S'mores Frappe.

"No..." I answered Michael, putting the red plastic cup down on the rectangular mahogany coffee table in front of us, "I mean yeah, but it's tolerable I guess."

"Take 'dat shit off you gon' overheat, Tee," Michael lowly chuckled while shakin' his head at me, "I'm gettin' hot jus' from seein' you in it."

"I'm good," I respond, and I didn't even realize by now I was fidgeting with my name necklace from how awkward I was feeling. There was nothing in my hands so I didn't know what to do with them, and there's nothing on my phone I can pretend to do for the time to pass. My shit be dry as hell, and I switch between the same three apps all damn day.

Opening his mouth to speak, Michael's phone started to ring before he could get a word out in which I lowkey felt relieved about. I didn't know where this conversation was going to begin with, but I wasn't a fan.

"Why the hell you callin' me, Jay?" Michael said into the phone as soon as the call connected, and someone on the other end smacked their teeth.

" 'Cuz Marlon needs yo help wit' somethin', Dodo," a feminine voice retorted on the other end, which I'm guessing was Michael's twin sister, Janet. I've actually talked to her a couple of times at school and she's a really nice person from what I've seen, but we're not necessarily friends per se. We're just cool.

"I'm not drivin' home right now, you help him," Michael indifferently told Janet.

"Yes the hell you are drivin' home, 'cuz I'm goin' out wit' Rocky and Arielle in like fifteen minutes," Janet said, "And y'all's business ain't mine no way."

"Thas' never stopped yo nosy ass before," Michael replied.

"Mhm," Janet hummed, right before she hung up on Michael causing him to smack his teeth in annoyance. Placing his phone back into his pocket, he deeply huffed before standing from the couch and looking down at me.