❦ six.

: all i did was try my best, this the kind of thanks i get? :

☁️ Michael ☁️

CJ was talkin' nonstop and it made me wanna backslap her. Trust me when I say I love the girl, but goddamn. It's not even the fact that I want her to stop talking, I just woke up wit' a fat ass headache and any type of noise irritates the fuck outta me. For a second, I almost forgot why we were stuck at CJ's spot anyways. That's when I remembered—we had a tornado warning just barely up north from Atlanta, and although the tornado wasn't gonna hit us directly the winds and rain was gonna be mad heavy. I'm pretty sure them weather niggas said the wind was gonna be at least thirty to almost fifty miles an hour.

Sittin' up on CJ's bed while Loyalty lied down with her head rested on my lap, CJ sat on the floor near her window while she held her phone in her hand, continuing to talk and checking it occasionally—most likely hoping on a text from Maurice, since he's the only one that hasn't shown up 'cuz he said he was gonna chill wit' us before he went in for work. I put all my money on the bet that he prolly fell asleep. We only stopped by here so CJ could grab her AirPods, and that's when we all got the tornado alert. So we've been here for probably for barely an hour.

"Are either of you listenin' ta' me?" CJ looked between Loyalty and me.

"No," Loyalty and me simultaneously answered, her voice radiating more tiredness than mine. She was zooted like fuck, and it was really obvious. Neither me or CJ didn't say anything 'cuz Loyalty being high is an occasional thing, and she's usually really chill whether if she's sober or not. But this time, you could tell from how she was carryin' herself today that she was drugged up like a motha'fucka'. It concerned me a little bit, not gonna lie...

Deeply sighing, CJ waved us off. "Whatever, it wasn't really that important, anyway."

"Good," I smartly replied before she narrowed her eyes at me and flipped me off, and I just proceeded to look at her like she was stupid.

"Wait I'm sorry, CJ, tell us what happened again," Loyalty apologized in a small voice not even attempting to project, while remaining in her current position. I could tell she didn't mean to zone out the way she was, but in her current state of mind it's guaranteed.

"Nah it's fine, Tee," CJ assured, "I need ta' get in touch wit' Reese anyways, since he been hollywood the last couple'a days."

"Ouu, trouble in paradise?" I teased, while CJ stood to her feet before she grabbed one of her small and square decorative black pillows, hittin' me upside the head with it which caused my head to throb just a little. It didn't take away from the fact I was havin' fun messin' wit' her, though.

Her and Reese got a little fling goin' on, and it's funny seeing her always worried that something's happened to him when in reality he just likes stayin' home—why you think his house is our main hangout spot? But then again, havin' bad blood wit' a couple niggas is enough reason for her to worry—but Reese and me protect them, not the other way around. They don't do anything to put themselves in danger, so our street problems aren't theirs.

"It's not funny, Michael," CJ rolled her eyes at me, placing herself next to me on her bed, "I stopped by his crib after I left the barber shop before you came to pick me up, and he wasn't even there."

"When did you last talk ta' him?" Loyalty questioned with her eyes closed on the verge of being half asleep, "Maybe he was still at work?"