❦ eleven.

: no matter what i wouldn't fold, ridin' through the thunder, lighting :

☁️ Loyalty ☁️

"I wish you'd wake up," CJ complained to an unconscious Maurice, as we were currently in the room where he was being held at the hospital for some time now. He was theorized to wake up soon, but it looked like he was still out cold. It was almost two o'clock, and Michael didn't join us 'cuz he had to go to work so he'd be coming to visit Reese on his own time we he got off in just a little bit. My eyes were planted onto Maurice's insensate body while his eyes remained closed, his chest slowly moving up and down while he breathed normally.

CJ was the most anxious for Maurice to awaken than Michael and I for obvious reasons, and of course I couldn't do anything but hope he'd wake up soon as well. Maurice had been one of my closest friends, even before Michael'd come into the picture so the thought of him not being here—I didn't even want that to cross my mind. "There's so much stuff I gotta tell you."

"Tell him now." I commented, looking over at CJ from my place in one of the chairs her and I sat in next to Maurice's bed. Glancing over at me, CJ sighed and brought her eyes back to Reese after a couple of seconds.

"Whas' the point if he can't hear me?" CJ's eyes landed back onto me.

"He can," I told her, "His brain can still pick up on sound, he just can't respond..." after a couple of seconds of silence went by, I stood from my chair so I could give CJ some privacy to talk to him. "I'mma give you a li' space to talk to him. I'll be right outside, okay?"

Earning a nod from CJ in response, I then made my way out of the room and closed the door behind me. Going to my right and towards the end of the hall, that's where I placed myself on the wooden bench as nurses and doctors passed by every once in awhile, friendly greeting me or asking if I needed anything. My mind was everywhere, and I could barely think straight.

I've been feeling kinda weird since last night, when I'd told Michael what Donte had done to me. It's only 'cuz I never told anyone before, besides my parents weeks after it happened. My parents had gotten the law involved and I hated the attention, but I understood that they were just being parents caring for their child so it's not like I could snap my fingers and the situation would disappear as a whole. I'm not surprised the situation went left in court, 'cuz Donte ended up walking which just made us even more upset. Afterwards, my parents filed a restraining order which was due for five years so it's still in progress which I'm grateful for.

Donte never cared too much for the law, so I'm just anxious that he may try to show up somewhere uninvited. But if he does then he'll be behind bars, where he should've been put to begin with.

When Michael came back to my house last night, he never told me exactly where he went but there was a part of me that wanted to be left unknowing anyway. I never want the answers to daunting situations these days, they never do me any good.

It had been awhile since Michael'd left and since I told him what happened, and as of right now I was in my room completely drowned in the comforter of my bed. My room was freezing like it always was of course, and I marinated in the silence as the ceiling fan above my bed pushed the cool air throughout the room. In order to get my mind off of things and feel at ease I had an overwhelming urge to get high, but I had to fight against it. I've been using for a few years now so my body has built a tolerance to the main substance—which is weed. And in order to get different effects, I have to take more dosage which I don't want.