A Thousand Years

-------JULIE

I woke up and went downstairs to find my dad on the phone with a sad look on his face "What's wrong?" I asked him. He just stared at me, I knew something was wrong "You know that crash we saw last night?" he said to me "Yeah, what about it?" I was getting scared. "It was Lydia Wilson. She passed last night." I froze. Lydia? She- she died?

   I run out to the garage and the boys are all cheering about last night " why the sad look Jules. We played the freaking ORPHEUM." Luke said to me. I just broke down crying.

   "Julie? What's wrong" Alex asked me "Lydia." I tried to speak more but I couldn't. I couldn't stop crying "what about Lydia?" Reggie asked me.

   "She d-died last night." I said to the boys. They all froze and didn't says anything. "What do you mean died?" Alex asked me. "She was in a car crash last night. Her injuries were to severe. She didn't make it" I said.

   Luke stumbles back and falls to the chair "Thats- that's impossible." Luke said. "Luke-" he poofed out before any of us could say anything to him.

-------LUKE

I heard those words and had to go see if it was true. I went to Lydia's and I saw everyone crying. Her mom, Carrie, Bobby, Even Nick and Ryan. She's gone. She was supposed to live and have kids, grow old. I was supposed to die last night NOT LYDIA.

  "MY BABY" Her mom yelled out from her cries. She falls to the ground but Bobby catches her before she hits the ground. They had a Picture of her in their hands and Her music playing in the background.

  "How could this even happen to her?" Bobby said "I don't know. She was supposed to be famous. She had managers set up and record deals." Her mom says.

     The boys poof next to me "Luke?" Reggie said to me "She's really dead. LYDIA IS DEAD." I cry out. We all sit on the stairs and cry "We were supposed to die last night. Not LYDIA. She was going to be famous. She has people ready to sign her" I yelled at the boys "Luke, we can't just sit here" Alex said to me "I just need a minute"

    "When's the funeral?" Carrie asked them "Um, friday. We have to go shopping for a casket today." Bobby was fighting his tears. I hear a knock on the door. It's Julie.

    "Julie?" Bobby said "I am so sorry for your loss." She said "Thank you, please come in" Julie walks in "If you don't mind. Can I go to her studio?" She asked Bobby "Go ahead"

    We followed Julie to Lydia studio, We all just broke down crying "Where is she? I-I was hoping to see her here" Julie said. "Maybe she had no unfinished business. Maybe she crossed over" Reggie said.

---------Later that night, MOM

I was waiting for Lydia at the airport when the cops came up to me " Are you Athena WIlson?" The cop asked me "I am her, What is this about?" I said to them "Your daughter. I am so sorry to tell you this but she got into an accident and passed away early this night" I felt my knee get weak and I just fell and cried. "MY BABY, OH GOD NO PLEASE"

-----------LYDIA

I died, I really just died. My life is over, I have no more hope in music, I can't ever live my life. This will break my family. They don't deserve this. How could someone crash into me? IT WAS A GREEN LIGHT FOR ME. I should have never tried to leave. This would have never happened.

    After I died I ended back up at the hospital where my dad, mom and Carrie were. "I am so sorry" The doctor said to my parents "Where is the person that hit her?" My dad said "He is in surgery. Looks like a full recovery" The doctor said all happy.

THAT MAN KILLED ME "FULL RECOVERY? MY DAUGHTER IS LAYING IN THE MORGUE AND HE IS GOING TO LIVE. I WANT HIM IN PRISON." My dad yelled.

   "The cops will be in contact. I promise you that" The doctor said. My dad just walked out. They followed him and all went home. They all stayed awake all night and just cried. Had every song I sang on repeat. My dad was going through my song book, Carrie was crying in Nick's arms while my mother just kept staring at a picture of me. They didn't talk. They all just cried.

   It was morning before we knew it and I went out to my studio and just sat there. What do I even do, Will the guys be able to see me? Will Julie? Oh god, the guys. They must be heart broken. Luke, Gosh I didn't mean to leave you guys. I had no choice. I couldn't hold on anymore. I tried so hard. Gosh how could I just give up.

    The door to my studio opened. It was julie "Thank god, Jules?" I said. The boys showed up and it's like they couldn't see me. "GUYS?" I yelled at them, No response "I-I was hoping to see her here" Julie said to the guys " LUKE, REGGIE, ALEX. I AM HERE. COME ON GUYS"

   "They can't hear you." I looked behind me and a man was standing in the room "Who are you?" I asked him "Caleb covington." I know that name, but where have I heard it from

"Why can't they see me?" I Asked him, "Easy, I won't let them see you." He said to me, "Why?"... "Because, I want you to join my house band. It will be fun" He said to me

   "House band? No. I fly solo." I said to him. "But I can make it possible for them to see you" He said to me as he stepped closer "NO. I AM NOT JOINING YOUR BAND. I NEVER WILL." I yelled at him "Well, Come find me when you change your mind" He said then disappeared.

   I look back over at the guys and Julie. They were all crying. Besides Alex. "Alex? Why aren't you crying" I asked him, hoping he would be able to hear me. His eyes got big and he jumped up "She is here" He said to the group "Alex? No she's not. One of us would see her" Reggie said "Maybe we can't see her" Alex said. Please listen to him.

    "LUKE." I said loudly trying to get him to hear me but he didn't hear me. "I know this is hard Alex, But She is gone. We won't ever see her again" Julie said to Alex. Way to make things worse. LISTEN TO HIM. Please.

    "Come on, Luke. You got to believe me. I know Lydia is here." Alex said to Luke. "Alex, I want to believe that but we cant see her." Luke said " I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HER. SHE IS GONE AND I AM HERE." Alex cried out.

  "Please, Guys I am here" I started crying and I went over to Luke and just touched his face. His eyes got big and I wiped away his tears "I am here Luke, Please just listen" I said.

   "Come on guys. We have to get home" Julie said. The boys poofed out and Julie just left. DANG IT. what am I supposed to do now?