Tattoo

"Does it still hurt?"

Your legs tangled itself around his, your head following the rhythm of his chest as your ears filled itself with the pounding of his heart.

"Not as much as a week ago. Its healing fine."

Your fingers mindlessly traced his chest, inwardly smiling as you watch the goosebumps trail in the same direction your finger went.

Without thinking, you started to trace the tattoo, going from the stems to the small, delicate petals of the flower-

"baby's breath? Yeah, you know they're my favourite."

"Okay but would you say they were there at the top of your list of favourite flowers? Like the top, top?"

"Of course!" your eyebrows knitted in confusion as you watched him trip over his words and discreetly fiddle with the hem of his shirt. "Jason. What did you do?"

Your mind instantly diverted back to a year ago, your first anniversary. The day hadn't gone the way you wanted to, far from it and having the thought of going back home to your love and snuggling your worries away sounded perfect.

What you didn't consider was the state of your home being bombarded with bouquets upon bouquets of tulips, so much so that the door resisted her to go in.

"Jason! What did you do!?" you hollered from the front door, shoving your way in between pastel petals.

The boy was bamboozled by your early appearance as he too, struggled among the mess, "W-what? You're not meant to be back for another 2 hours."

It was almost dramatic the way you collapsed on the floor, tears following suit. The day had been too overwhelming. Later, you found yourself in bed your pupils following every movement Jason made as he cleared the house of broken stems and tissue paper.

-

"I might've done something. It's not much really, it's not like last year I swear."

"What. Is. It. Jason."

Slowly, he took off his shirt, revealing not only his upper body but a small patch of cling film that glistened on his left peck. As you neared, you could make out the faint lines that etched into said flower.

"Jason."

"I know, it was a reckless decision. I shouldn't have done it-"

"I-I love it."

"You do?"

Your fingers found their way around his neck, enveloping him into your embrace, "I thought, since you like them so much, every time I look at it, I'd think of you."

you listened as Jason's steady breath started to quiver, his muscles twitching at your touch,

"You will be the death of me baby,"

- BONUS -

"What do you mean?"

"Dicks got everyone training harder now that he's gone all emo. I won't be back until late tonight. Will you be okay?"

"Yeah, I guess. Or I could just meet you at the tower?"

"Are you sure? I don't like you walking alone in this area."

"I'll be fine Jason. Out of all the people I know, you should be aware that I can take care of myself, plus-"

Your hands trailed up his abdomen, stopping just above his heart. The exact spot your tattoo is etched. Your eyes stayed on his as your finger started tracing the tattoo again.

You watched as his eyes flutter, pushing himself closer so that the tip of your lips were touching, close enough that your breaths mingled.

"I've got other plans on how tonight will go."