Chapter 8

Jades POV

Toris mom came in like she owned the place "hi you must be Jade I'm here to pick up Tori and Trina" yeah not happening " I don't think that's a good idea you should go before I make you go" She better leave my house right now or shits not gonna go well for her she stepped closer and I stepped back blocking her from the Vega sisters "move dear if you don't wanna get hurt" I just sat there "leave dear before YOU get hurt" I smirked at her and she just laughed and went in her purse and pulled out a gun what the fuck is this woman insane " Tori come with me and Trina and your little girlfriend here won't get hurt although I can't say the same for you" she is not getting Tori over my dead body I was ready to throw a punch till Tori started walking towards her so I grabbed her wrist "Tori don't you know what will happen don't let her win" she just accepted defeat " she wins if you get hurt I'm going" I could feel a tear roll down my cheek as I watched the love of my life walk away possibly to her death then Trina went charging at her "NO LET HER GO" I was shocked as I watched Trina throw herself on her mother I started to run at her until I heard a gun shot and Trinas body hit the ground Tori ran for her sister and I ran for the gun before she did I got it first and didn't think twice about shooting I loaded it and pulled the trigger I probably should have took the time to aim but all that mattered was all of our lives I didn't miss but I didn't kill her I hit her shoulder expecting her to fall she just ran to the door "this isn't the last time you'll see me you little shits" she ran out I was gonna run after her but I got the phone and dialled 911 instead she wasn't worth Trinas life "911 what's you emergency" I heard on the other side of the phone I was in full panic as I could hear Tori yelling at her sister to stay awake "I need an ambulance my girlfriends sister was shot HURRY" I told them the address and they left I ran over to Tori and Trina and helped Tori hold pressure on the wound "Trina don't you dare close your eyes your gonna be ok your gonna live I promise I'm so sorry this is all my fault if I had just not left last night you would have been ok everything would be ok" Tori had so many tears running down her face Trina grabbed Toris hand "no Tori you wouldn't have b-been fine you would be hurt again you can't protect me forever I'm the older sister I-it should be me protecting you I needed to save you I c-couldn't let her take you again I may not m-make it remember that I l-love you little sis" She started to close her eyes but looked at me "Jade... Thank you for taking care of her tonight I know you care about her t-take care of her if I'm gone" for once I wanted Trina to live " I would agree but your not dying Trina your gonna make it" I could hear the sirens from a distance she leaned closer to me "if you hurt her I will come back from the dead and kill you" I would have been mad at the threat but me and Tori both yelled "YOUR NOT DYING" at the same time the door opened and a bunch of people came in and took Trina asked us if we were hurt which we both said no and a cop came and asked us to come to the station "no I have to go make sure Trinas ok" Tori and I got up but the cop insisted we went with him first "you could wait in a hospital or tell me who did this so we can catch them before they get away" he was kinda rude "Tori we can tell him all we know about your mom then they'll catch her and she'll never hurt you or Trina ever again" she was still crying but nodded she was still limping the cop turned around and raised his eyebrow and looked at Tori "miss your hurt" but Tori was stubborn "I'm fine ok let's get this over with I'll tell you about my mom then get checked out it's nothing I can't handle" the cop gave up and just brought us to the car I put my arm around around her and she put pressure on me so I could help her walk we got to the station and Tori told them all the horrible things her mom did it made me more angry the more she told the story the cop looked at me and started to question me " who are you and how are you relevant to this situation" um ok he's an ass good to know "I'm Toris girlfriend and I was there in the room while Trina was shot" I didn't notice I said girlfriend and got really embarrassed but Tori just squeezed my hand so I guess that means it's official and that's the weirdest way I've heard someone ask a person to be there girlfriend but at least it worked the cop was clearly uncomfortable "how long have you known about Toris situation" ugh he was annoying "not even 24 hours I offered for them to stay with me until we got control of the situation" I wanted to leave slap this asshole and take Tori to her sister after more questions we left to head to the hospital Tori was extremely anxious not that I blame her but she needed to stay calm so I placed my hand on her leg. We got into the hospital right on time the doctor was waiting for us "are you miss Vega" Tori nodded "is she alive" the doctor started walking with us to her room "she's alive but in a coma... she was shot right above her heart and lost a lot of blood we want to give her a month before we can officially know she's brain dead I'm so sorry" Tori collapsed in my arms and started crying the doctor noticed her leg " Um miss Vega I think your injured we should check you both up and make sure you girls are alright" Tori didn't say anything she just held on to me and kept crying "I'm fine sir but she isn't where do we go for that" I talked quietly holding on to Tori while stroking her hair "um ok follow me" I picked Tori up and followed the doctor in a room "wait here someone should come in a bit" we sat down Tori was still hanging on to me for dear life "thank you doctor" while we were waiting Tori ended up crying herself to sleep I felt so useless I didn't know what to do to help.