Part 3

I felt my arms itch under my sweater as I pulled it closer to my body. I walked through kings cross station with my trolly. I felt my wand roll around in my pocket as I caught a few eyes from muggles. I looked straight ahead at the platform and continued to walk.

I felt my heart raced as I approached the entry way. I had remebered what my mother used to tell me about Hogwarts, especially about platform 9 3/4. ¨To enter, you had to stand between platforms 9 and 10, and run at the barrior. It was quite scary at first, but its better to close your eyes.¨ her voice still seemed to ring in my ears when I thought about her. I smiled to myself for a moment before looking at the spot she had been talking about. The brick barrier stood threatingly before me as I sighed. I ran at the gate and squeezed my eyes shut just as my mom had said to do. I didnt feel anything at first, I thought for a moment I had missed it completly. But then I heard voices, and the faint smell of steam.

I opened my eyes to see a bunch of kids hurrying around on a platform, they pushed their trollys around with owls, rats and other animals in their hands. ¨Be good!¨ cooed a loving mother who kissed her son on the cheek as he ran off to join his friends. I looked around to see the red glistening train billowing its horn in warning. I felt someone brush by me as they carried there stuff to the train waking me up from my trance.

¨Come on Ronald were going to be late!¨ ¨Okay! Okay!¨ the boy with red hair sighed. The girl with brown hair shook her head disapprovingly as they made there way onto the train, trailing a little behind them was a brown haired boy with circle shaped glasses, he held behind him his bag and white owl that screeched when he rolled over a bump.

I followed them onto the train as the doors shut. I rolled my luggage behind me as I made my way through the isle, passing by kids who were talking with their friends, or waving goodbye to their parents at the windows. I felt out of place, my heart was racing with anxiety of newness. All around me kids were grouping and laughing with eachother. 

¨Oh please,¨ I heard someone say. I felt something hit my shoulder as I fell out of the way hitting the wall next to me. ¨Watch it you filthy little-¨ the boy turned around to face me as I felt my heart stop for a moment. His icy blue eyes seemed paralyzing, and his whitish blonde hair fell neatly in his face. He was dressed in a black suit, making his features more defined as my eyes grazed his sharp jawline.

¨Do I know you?¨ He squinted his eyes at me. I stayed quiet, I didnt even think I could form a word if I tried.  ¨I swear, I have seen you somewhere.¨ I didnt release my eyes from his until a girl grabbed his arm gently. ¨Draco, come on now.¨ He payed the girl no attention, but then after a few seconds turned around. ¨Funny.¨ I heard him whisper to himself as we parted ways. I let out a breath I hadnt noticed I had been holding, I wondered how long I had been holding it for.

¨Are you alright?¨ I heard a girls voice say. I turned my head to see the brown haired girl, who had dark brown eyes staring at me. Her voice was calming and she seemed concerned. ¨Oh yeah, Im fine thanks.¨ I replied as I fixed my sweater. ¨Draco can be a bit harsh at times, thats just the way he is.¨ I looked back at where he had once stood. ¨Do you need somewhere to sit?¨ she asked. ¨Oh, um I suppose I could need a spot.¨ smiled and opened the compartment door. She was sitting with the boys who had been trailing alongside her before. They both had long hair, the dark haired one more messy than the other, and were sitting back relaxed on their seats. Their eyes shifted to mine curiously as I walked in. ¨You must be new.¨ the girl said as she sat down across from the boys. I took the spot next to her and sat down uncomfortably. A ginger cat hopped up onto the girls lap and curled up into a hairy ball. Its smooshed in face ralxed into its body, and its muffled purrs sounded throughout the compartment as she storked its back gently.

¨Yes,¨ I replied rubbing my hands on my jeans. ¨Im Hermione Granger, and this is Ron and Harry.¨ she looked at the boys who smiled at me. ¨Nice to meet you.¨ the one with dark hair said. ¨Funny, I think Ive heard of a Harry before. I was young so I cant remeber.¨ I said to myself as I heard Hermione laugh. ¨I think you have, Harry Potter.¨ I looked up at her with a sudden shock. ¨Yes, thats the one.¨ she turned to the boy who looked at her. ¨What?¨ he said oblivous to the conversation. ¨This is Harry Potter.¨ I felt my lips part with shock. ¨Your the Harry Potter?¨ he seemed to be adapted to everyone being shocked by his name. ¨Yes.¨ he replied calmly. I looked back and fourth at him and Hermione. ¨I- I-¨ just before I could mumble out words of thank you the compartment door opened.

¨You guys havent seen a boy, he would most likely have welts on his face.¨ Hermione rolled her eyes and unfolded a paper. ¨What did you two do this time.¨ the identical boys stood at the doorway. ¨Well, one of the first years offered to try one of out candys and lets just say took off when he found out what his face looked like.¨ ¨What a git.¨ the other added. ¨No, I though mom told you to stop giving out your candys.¨ Ron said. They both laughed and looked at eachother. ¨Oh Ron,¨ ¨Lighten up!¨ ¨Its all a bit of fun.¨ they said. ¨No, we havent.¨ I said politley. They turned their heads as if they hadnt been aware of my prescene before. ¨Well hello there!¨ I looked at both of them. ¨Fred,¨ ¨and George!¨ they shook my hand as they flashed a smile. Their red hair was almost down to their shoulderes and they carried a suitcase like bag.

¨Vita, Vita Scarling.¨ I smiled. ¨Wicked name.¨ George said. ¨Well go on then,¨ replied Ron as he waved them out of the compartment. They shut the door behind them as their laughs echoed from beyond the door. ¨Bit of a joke Fred and George. All theyve been talking about this summer was their joke shop they want to start. I think its all fun and all but moms having a fit about it.¨ Harry laughed at Rons comment. ¨I think its brilliant.¨ he replied. ¨Well I think if they keep giving their candy around to first years like test bunnies they will be expelled.¨ ¨Oh come on Hermione, dont ruin the mood.¨ Ron said. ¨Well, in other circumstances, I found Vita being pestered in the hall by Draco.¨ Hermione scoffed as she flipped the page. I couldnt help but think back to him curoisly. ¨You say his name like its cursed, why?¨ she put down the paper and sighed. ¨Because the Malfoy family is cursed, including Draco. Hes bad news.¨ Harry seemed to tense his jaw at the mere name. ¨He isent exactly the type of guy to be friends with.¨ she went back to reading the paper. ¨What did he do that was so bad, I mean ofcourse just curosity.¨ ¨Hes said somethings, that arent really good things to say in this time.¨ Ron looked over at Hermione who was reading. ¨He said offensive names.¨. ¨Hes just a git.¨ Hermione croaked. Ron stopped and sat back. ¨Yeah.¨ he replied.

¨Stay away.¨ he added.