1

I'm dreaming, I know I am because right now I'm looking at my best friend. She's right in front of me, her blue eyes shining like sun hitting sea glass. Her long blonde hair dancing in the wind and glowing under the rays of the sun. This is a dream for sure.

    "Evan, come play with me!" She would call out. So, as she said to, I got up off the little rock that I was seated on and set my book down gently, being sure not to tear any of the pages or scratch the cover. She flashed her small pearly smile and grabbed hold of my wrist pulling me towards her. We swung around in circles the wind tangling our hair and then I smiled a bit, but as soon

I did I had to remind myself. Evan, this isn't real. She's gone.

    I forced myself to open my eyes and quickly rose up from my bed wiping the tears from my face and sniffling a bit. I turned climbing out of bed and walking to my small bathroom. I turned toward the mirror and looked back into my own eyes. They were a bright amber color. I dislike them for being different. I threw on my black tee-shirt and then slid on my grey sweatpants. I'm more of a comfort person, not a stylish one, as I was stepping out of my room, I grabbed my bag off the dresser and made my way out of the room.

    "Evan, hurry up you're going to miss the bus!" I heard the nagging voice of my mother downstairs as I started my way down the hallway and stepped down the stairs, as I entered the kitchen the scent of freshly sizzled bacon and eggs filled the room. I looked over at my little sister Renesmee who was sitting at the table, hair in a messy bun and an oversized tee-shirt on as she typed up her essay.

    "Mom why can't I be homeschooled like Renesmee?"

    "Honey you already know why, last time we tried homeschooling you slacked off basically the whole time."

I sat down at the table staring down at the 2 pieces of bacon and single egg over medium. It was my favorite meal. After I had finished eating, I went over to my cup of black coffee the steam over it looked like a little cloud. I poured in crème causing a cute little spiral of milky brown and dark black. I took small sips before setting it down and grabbing my bag.

    "Mom I'm gonna stay after school today so that I can catch up on some school work, if that's okay with you."

    "That's fine. Make good grades for me!" She smiled and sat down beside Renesmee, pulling out her textbooks and setting them down on the table with a slight tap. I stepped out the door the sun immediately causing me to flinch at the brightness. As my eyes adjusted, I looked down the driveway, Mika was out there sitting and waiting like normal. I tip toed towards him and quickly grabbed hold of his bag pulling it up.

    "Boo!" I yelled into his ear and Mika screamed trying to launch forward but held in place by the bag.

    "Dammit Evan, I told you not to do that anymore you prick!" He blushed and turned my way glaring at me.

    "Oh, are you embarrassed because you scream like a girl?" I laughed and Mika quickly punched the side of my arm.

    "I'm sure you'd freak out too, so quit acting all tough."

    "Whatever." I laughed and let go of his bag then started walking down the sidewalk, as did he.

We continued walking and I tried my best not to step on the little cracks in the sidewalk. I've always been practically traumatized by the saying "Step on a crack, you break your mothers back." Who knows why?

    "Gosh, why are there so many chem-trails today?" I looked up at the sky blocking the sun with my hand and saw the many white trails. Usually there were a few but today it seemed like they were trying to create all sorts of make-believe clouds. I looked over at Mika and realized he looked slightly nervous. "You good bro?"

    "Yeah, I'm fine, my mom is such a freak about conspiracy theories though, I mean I know they're not real, but they do scare me a little sometimes." He smiled and looked away, the way his eyebrows were pushed together slightly and the slight frown in his lips made me feel like he was hiding something. I just nodded my head and continued to walk. I'm over analyzing the situation.

    The school began to come into sight, and I adjusted my bag on my shoulder looking over at Mika who was posting some selfie to his Instagram. His number one priority always seemed like his Insta.

    "What is with you and that app, it's just a place for people to brag about their looks and things that happen in their li-" Mika cut me off before I could finish and quickly began to speak.

    "You can't say anything about Grammy unless you have one, I love this app." He shot his head at me, "Maybe I like the app because I am beautiful" He said in a teasing voice then laughed as I shoved him to the side chuckling. I have had the app before but the only thing I did was go on Mika's page then delete it. He forced me to download it. All I saw were a ton of photos of him drinking Starbucks and horrible photos that he had sneakily took of me. He had about 14.2K followers last time I checked, but I think the only reason he has them is because people refer to Mika as a fairy boy, and eye candy, So I guess you can say he has relatively good looks.

    I chuckled again and immediately stopped when I caught sight of the time on his phone.

    "Oh shit!" I grabbed Mika's arm and began to run to the school, we had about 26 seconds to get to class and we haven't even gotten out textbooks out of our lockers. We ran up the steps of the school and busted through the doors. "Screw the books let's just go to class."

    "Agreed, see you later Evan!" He walked into his class and I waved goodbye running down to my class. I hate my first period. Just as I opened the door the bell rang, and my teachers smiled at me.

    "Nice of you to show up to class today Evan." He sat down at his desk and I walked towards my seat, I think I rolled my eyes so much that I nearly saw my brain half the time around this teacher. I hooked my bag onto my chair then sat down pulling out a notebook and pretending to use it as my textbook. Each time we were told to turn to a page I'd pretend I was finding it.

    The creaky wooden desk felt like it was on its last limb. This schools so cheap that I'm pretty sure these are the same desk they used in the freaking Ice-age. Picking the paint on the surface you could easily tell this desk had been painted over and over many times. I looked up at Mr. Tornado who was writing on the board some mumbo jumbo. His name wasn't really Mr. Tornado, he just ended up with the nickname because of how his real name was Mr. Torahdo, and nobody ever knew how to pronounce that. I don't understand why we even learn world history. I mean do I really care about how Abraham Lincoln died? That stuff is in the past and all I care about it the present. Same thing about some of the math they teach. When am I ever going to have to learn the coordinates of x and y or how to use 3x3 matrix factoring in my daily life? I have a calculator to do the work for me.

    I pulled out my phone and began opening text that I had ignored. 28 from Mika. I'll just continue to ignore him, maybe I'll get a new record. I opened one from my mom and worry ran through my body. It read, "Evan, don't come home. Anything you learn in the future is all a lie." I read over it again and again then texted back. "What do you mean, are you okay?" I set down my phone on the table gently and tried to think this over. Come on Evan think, maybe Renesmee is pranking you again, or you're just overthinking it. Is this because I didn't clear the table before I left? I looked at the time and realized we had about 30 minutes of class left, so I just laid my head down and tried to sleep to pass the time.