Yellow

I am Red. And I am the impostor. I am tasked with taking over the Skeld with my fellow impostors by killing crew mates and becoming a saboteur. And I love my job, really, I've left several ships empty of her crew. It's just. I've met someone... and I don't want to kill this wholesome bean.

"Oh, hey Red!" Blue waves me over to the table. "I was wondering where you were! Look!" He holds up a plant hat. "I got a hat for you! The guy who sold it to me guaranteed that if you wore this you'd be impostor free!"

That's adorable.

"Eh... Thank you Blue, but I don't think I really need this..." I turn my head away blushing.

He tackles me. "Aw c'mon Red! I don't want you to get hurt!"

I shove him off me. "I think you need it more than I do. You wear it."

"Nah! I can handle myself!" He beams at me and pushes the hat over. "Please, wear it Red. Just for me?"

I sigh. I can't say no to that face, "Alright fine, just for you though..." I put the hat on my head and Blue lights up.

"You look amazing! Let me get a picture!"

I try to get away but Blue pulls me in for a selfie. He takes a look at the picture. "We look great together! Oh wait, I blinked."

His face falls slightly. I don't want to see him sad like that. "How about we take another?"

"Oh! Really?!"

"Totally!"

We end up taking more than just a few. Some of them are silly, some of them are adorable and some of them are just flat out serious. Then, an alarm sounds. Crap. Don't tell me that Yellow decided to kill someone. Blue and I hurry to the cafeteria, and everyone seems on edge. Definitely a dead body report.

Lime stands up on the table. "Somebody killed Pink!"

Yellow snickers. Yep he did it.

"Yellow did it." I say, crossing my arms. Blue glances over at me, and I'm afraid for a moment that he suspects me, but then, stars practically float around him as he gushes, "Wow Red! You've gotta have some super sense! How do you do that? Can you show me?"

Panic flashes across Yellow's face. "I didn't do it! It was Lime! I saw him vent!"

"No, Yellow did it. He hasn't liked Pink from the start." I say. It's true. He's made dozens of side comments when he's around me and the other impostors about how he'd just love to squeeze the life out of her.

Orange sweats nervously. Blue glances from side to side and finally says, "I agree with Red. I'm voting Yellow."

Since Blue is the best judge of character and also the team sweetheart, everyone else votes Yellow. Yellow stares at me in shock, "Red! How could you?!"

"What do you mean how could I?! You're a killer, of course I'm going to help my team mates!"

And then he's in the airlock, shaking with rage. I look away as they jettison him into space. The unforgiving, cold expanse of stars. He'll be dead in minutes. This isn't my first kill, but it's never felt so... personal. So what? If it means one less threat to Blue, then I'll do what I have to do.

"That was kind of scary Red." Blue grips my hand so tight I swear he's gonna cut off the circulation. He's trembling, so, I pat him on the head with my free hand, turning towards him. "Yeah. Yeah that was scary. Don't worry we'll protect each other."

"Thanks Red."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you liked this, please vote or comment about what you liked best. This is my first try at posting a fanfic I've written online so I hope you enjoyed it. Stay safe and wear your masks!