Running. From the Institute- Raphael

"The crimes y/n has committed are inexcusable. She will be sentenced to death." The inquisitor had said to my then girlfriend. 

"But she was only trying to help take down Valentine!" 

"The charges will not be dropped. She will be executed in the morning." The inquisitor had walked away, leaving me and Lydia alone. 

"You have no authority in this matter, Lydie. You can't stop this, even if you tried with all your willpower." I grabbed her hand through the bars. 

"I love you, y/n." I had looked her in the eye, wishing I could have said the same thing. The guard had decided then that was the time for her to leave, and had grabbed her arm. 

Say it back! That was all she yelled as she was pulled away. Tears were steaming down both our faces then. I was going to die. 

All of the past attempts to get me out had failed, but somehow someone was able to break me out. Now I was in an abandoned warehouse, completely alone. A loud bang echoed throughout the warehouse, and a figure appeared. 

"Here's money, and clothes. Go to Seattle, find a vampire named Raphael." With that the figure left. I gathered what little clothing there was in my hands, which was only one change of clothes. I left the warehouse and made my way, glamoured to the train station. I bought a one way ticket to Seattle, and got on the train as soon as it stopped. 

Who was this Raphael guy, and how could he help me? 

After a couple days of boredom on this stupid train, I had finally arrived in Seattle. I decided to just walk around until dark, then go to vampire joints around Seattle. I had done research on Seattle, and I knew vampires well. I knew where they would be tonight. 

Darkness now covered the streets of Seattle, and I was alone wandering them. The perfect prey for vamps. A poor defenseless girl. I hope my plan will work. Have a vampire attack me and hopefully Raphael will save me. Raphael's relationship with Izzy leads me to believe he will save me. 

I cried out as fangs pierced me skin, and I was slammed against the wall of the nearest building. As I had hoped, a man saved me. 

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I grabbed my stele and activated my iratze. 

"You're a shadowhunter." 

"Yeah, I am. I'm looking for Raphael." The man pursed his lips. 

"I'm Raphael." 

"I had a feeling you were. Izzy told me what you looked like." 

"Did Izzy send you?''

"No. I need a place to hide out for a while." Raphael sighed. 

"I guess you can stay with me. But only for a few months." 

"Of course. I'll be out of your hair by the end of the year." He nodded and led me to his underground living area. While I wasn't a vampire, he was and this was even more safe for me. 

A few months passed, and the Clave hadn't found me yet. I had to leave so Raphael wouldn't get punished for helping me, and I had to tell him everything. 

"Hey, Raphael?"

"Yeah, y/n?"

"I've gotta tell you something." I paused and he motioned for me to continue. 

"I have to leave. If they find me here with you, they'll hurt you or worse." Raphael dropped the spatula, and dashed to me so our faces were inches apart. 

"What did you do?"

"I;m on the run from the Clave. I went undercover with Valentine 10 years ago, and the Clave thinks I was on his side."

"Who did you tell about this?" I hadn't told anyone, which is what I tell him. He grabbed my shoulders, and pulls me into a hug. I took me a while to realize what he was doing, but when I did, I hugged him back. 

"The Clave sentenced me to death, and I have no idea how I escaped." 

"I'm glad you did." I smiled at him as we separated. 

"Dinner's almost ready, then you can stay. As long as you want." He knew it might get him killed, but he was willing to let me stay here. 

"I'll stay as long as I have to." 

After dinner, we danced to music, and my personal favorite, the classics. During one point, our faces came incredibly close, and I could see in his eyes he wanted to kiss me, even though he was asexual. Izzy told me more than she realized when she and Raphael broke up. 

"Y/n, I have to tell you someth-." I cut him off by placing my lips on his. I pulled away and mouthed I know. He cupped me cheek and kissed me, and I melted into the kiss. For someone who has never kissed anyone, he's an impressive kisser. 

A week after our kiss, I left his house. My tracking rune was activated, and the Clave would soon find me. I was giving my self up. The mysterious figure wanted me to find love, and I had. Hands came out of nowhere, and pulled me into an alley. A portal appeared in front of me, and I was pulled into it, and appeared in Magnus's apartment. 

A Year Later

I was alive. I had explained everything to the Clave with proof, and I was free. 

I was walking down the New Yoirk streets when I saw Raphael, and I unglamoured myself. If he could walk in the sun, he was either a daylighter, or a mundane. He saw me immediately, and ran towards me. He engulfed me in a hug, whispering I missed you so much repeatedly. We separated only for us to connect our lips in a passionate kiss. 

"You aren't a vampire anymore. Izzy told me about the serum." I told him. 

"So, how's life free?" He asked me. 

"Wonderful. How's life as a mundane." I responded. 

"Quite eventful." I chuckled. 

"Well, wanna get coffee?" I offered. 

"Lead the way, y/n."