Chapter 22

** Trigger warning: implied self harm. I will mark the area with #### so it's easier to see. **

Harry thought there was nothing better than this moment right now. One of his favorite songs came on, and him and Draco both reached for the volume at the same time. Smiling, Harry kept his hand on top of Draco's and intertwining their fingers brought Draco's hand on top of the console, resting lightly in his own.

Draco too could live in this moment forever. Harry was holding his hand so delicately and they were both singing their lungs out to this song and he felt so... free. He couldn't remember ever smiling this much in his life. The Maine truly puts out amazing music.

I'm a bitter little pill to swallow.

Harry squeezed Draco's hand and Draco know that was his way of telling him the lyric applied to him.

Draco got back at him with the next few lyrics.

My feet are mine to follow, you don't get to decide.

The chorus was perfect to scream along to, both men thought it described their relationship fairly well.

"My Best Habit indeed", Harry thought, as he looked tenderly at Draco.

The bridge got even better.

As a single tear falls to the ground
For the people that we are not now
If you're not you, you're everyone else
Who are you? Who are you now?
Burned our teenage years down to the ground
Oh, the hand on the clock's wearing out
If you're not you, you're everyone else
Who are you? Who are you?

At the end of the song, feeling bold, Draco kissed Harry's knuckles and kept their hands intertwined. They were loose enough so that if Harry needed another hand on the wheel he could easily remove it.

Draco used the hand that wasn't holding Harry's to pause the music. He wanted to say something, he just didn't know what. Harry beat him to it.

"I think that song is very... us."

"We quite literally burnt our teenage years down to the ground.", Draco agreed.

"And the question really is, who are we now?"

"If you asked me two years ago, I could've given you an answer. It would've been perfectly articulated with the appropriate amount of Malfoy sneer. But it was a lie. I was who I was told I needed to be.

I've spent so much time hiding who I am and I don't want to do that anymore. You've given me the time and space to work on figuring that out. I just really hope that everything with this potion goes well you know? I want to make a difference."

"You already have?"

"How?"

"We talked about George earlier today. But we didn't talk about me."

"Must the world revolve around you Potter?", Draco teased.

"Only if it's your world. That's the only one that matters to me.", Harry responded back easily.

"You practically are my world. Because we spend all our time together!", Draco finished quickly.

He cringed at how that sentence came out.

Harry just laughed and smiled sweetly. He loved when Draco was flustered.

"My Dray I didn't know you felt that way about me.", Harry teased.

"You're enjoying this a little too much for my liking.", Draco huffed arrogantly.

"There's the old Malfoy I loved."