Four

*In case you guys are wondering, no, most of my screenshots aren't actually related to the story. They're just some scenes which I think are iconic. Wink wink.*

Life did get better.

The warm, welcoming and loving home of the Chens had transformed Brett back to his nature self. The Brett that is cheerful and optimistic. The Brett that is confident about himself and about his future.

His dreams became determined again. His dream to become a soloist.

Perhaps the kids in Maryville wasn't as friendly as the kids in Evergreen. Or maybe they were, but Brett was just someone too weird for them to talk to. His new life at his new school, along with the accompany of Eddy, was just way better than before. Well, at least he did make a few friends, like Jamie and Oliver.

Good days didn't really last long, however.

It was the last day of school of the term. As usual, Brett walked with Eddy to the drop off and pick up point. Occasionally, Jamie and Oliver joins them too.

Like today.

Mrs Chen's car was seen at their waiting area, which is a sign for them to leave. But as Brett was turning back to bid his friends goodbye, Oliver spoke before him.

"Oi Brett, I've seen you take Eddy's car everyday. Do you guys live together or what?"

This was a very typical question, but it somehow made Brett freeze on the spot. He can't even move when Eddy tugged him on his elbow as their car had moved closer. 

"I...we..."Brett struggled to find his words. 

By this point, Eddy had realized what Brett is struggling with.

"Bye Jamie and Ollie, we gotta go. Happy holidays and see you guys during Christmas!"

With that, Eddy dragged Brett and escaped into the car, leaving Jamie and Oliver confused on their grounds.

Turning his attention towards Brett, he tried to figure out what's on his mind right now.

Or should he say, what is Brett having trouble with.

Brett remained silent during the whole journey. Which neither Belle nor Mrs Chen questioned him why because after the period of time they had got to know each other, they knew something was up on Brett and the best way is to leave him to his own.

Brett ran into his room the first thing they reached home, pacing up the stairs as quick as possible.

Mrs Chen stopped Eddy from going in. Instead, she pulled him into the kitchen.

"What is it?"

Eddy shrugged.

"I don't know. I think Oliver threw him a question."

"What question?" Mrs Chen looked confused too.

Eddy shrugged his shoulders again.

"Guess there's only one way to find out."

Eddy looked at his mom. Not again.

Everytime when Mrs Chen want to know what's going on with Brett, she never directly asked him. Instead, she "convinces" Eddy to do the job for her.

Eddy understood why she did so. "You're closer with him", she always said.

"But mom, won't you want Brett to be close with you as well? Those are the chances you can talk to him. And improve the relationship between you and him."

But she always just shook her head, insisting that she will get nothing out of Brett if she is the one that went up and asked.

Which made Eddy feel distressed sometimes. Because he felt like an agent between Brett and his mom.