Chapter 6

YOUR P.O.V.

"Just focus," whispered Dalius, "find it deep in it's core and let it sprout."

"You know, this isn't going to work, Dalius" I answered. "It's scientifically impossible."

"Scie--what now?"
"Science..."
"What's a science?"
"It's a study that deals with--"
"Huh?"
"A study that--"
"What?"
"Dalius!" I whispered. "Would you please stop--"
"Do you hear that?"
"Huh?" I looked around. "Hear what?"

"The sound of someone who's not concentrating." He said with an annoyed expression.

"Oh?" I smirked.

"Hey, I'm giving lessons for free here," He gleamed with pride. "You should call me  Dalius the Educator."

Jasmine then sprouted from underneath one foot of his, coiled around, and pulled it, causing him to loose balance and drop to the ground.

He groaned. "Y/N! We don't do that to our educa--"
"Huh?" As said with a naive face.
"Oh haha very fun--"
"Pardon?"
"Okay you can let me--"
"Do you hear that?"
"Real original, now get this o--"
"No, seriously, do you hear that?"

"What? What is it?" He said with a trembling voice.

"The sound of a crying baby" I mocked with a tone, bending down.

I suddenly fell to the ground too. I looked back and saw creeping fig wrapped around the ankles of my feet.

"Oh, yeah, weren't you just scolding me about originality?" I teased.

We both shared a good quiet laugh. Until a shadow formed in front of us.

We both unwrapped ourselves and helped each other up.

"What are you doing?" said Adonis.

"Narnia." I answered.

He raised his eyebrow. "Narnia? Stupid, how can you do Narnia you're in Narn--"

"'Narnia' business." I commented.

Dalius snorted. "Narnia business! None of your business! Oh, Aslan--that's hilarious!"

Adonis huffed up his chest and looked me up and down. "You think you're real funny now, don't you, Dirt Princess?"

I took a big step in front of him. I didn't care if I was shorter.

I firmly pulled the neckline of his shirt to my level. Our faces inches away.

"That's dirt Queen to you." I remarked. "Get it right." Giving him a sarcastic smile before letting go.

He sprung back like a rubber band, almost falling down trying to get away from my grip. He scoffed and dusted himself off. "We leave tomorrow, at dawn."

He looked at both of us, and went away.

Once he was gone, Dalius sighed. "I don't know what happened to him."

"How do you deal with that guy?" I rolled my eyes. "He can't leave us alone for one minute."

"He isn't usually like this" commented Dalius.

"Then what is he like?"

"He's like an older brother to me. A best friend." Dalius answered wholeheartedly. "He's really funny, thoughtful, helpful, nice, tough . . ."

"Oh he's tough alright. Heartless if you will." I remarked.

"I promise he'll lighten up. Just give him time" sighed Dalius.