𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓞𝓷𝓮 ❧ 𝓪 𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓵𝓮 𝓹𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂

CAT GOT A GLIMPSE OF A NIGHTMARE

[NARRATOR]

Let's travel back to time, around the first year of middle school.

Kozume Kenma and his best-friend, Kuroo Tetsurou, have taken a try and liking to a sport called volleyball. For weeks to months to years, they both have been practicing their hardest while also having fun in the sport.

When Kenma was in middle school, he had a hard time with his upperclassmen. They pushed him, pressuring him. They forced him to run longer, and they often excluded him despite being a setter (a very important position in volleyball).

How Kenma continued to play volleyball irked most people, given that he would never want to continue playing a sport where people were unkind to him.

Kuroo tried persuading him, which worked to the minimal, but it wasn't enough to give him a real, genuine reason.

Then he met (Y/N).

(Y/N). (L/N) (F/N).

She was a girl in the same year as Kenma, a bit younger and smaller, but those details didn't matter much.

What mattered was what she did.

(Y/N) was apart of the AT, or the academic team. They were a small group of students who represented their school, competing in tournaments and events in the four core subjects.

In essence, they were just a group of nerds who were good at test-taking.

(Y/N) was apart of the AT, and she contrasted from the others very largely.

Her physique, being in middle school still, she was considered very beautiful. With her bright and appealing (E/C) eyes, her (H/L) (H/C) hair that everyone wanted to know the secret to its beauty, and that oh-so contagious smile, she captured the eyes and ears of everyone wherever she walked.

Even by Kenma.

One day, during the second year of middle school, and during one of his strenuous runs, Kenma was left behind (as usual). He was still running, trying to just complete the run before the sun goes down.

While he is running, his vision goes a bit hazy, a sign of exhaustion. Kenma didn't have any water, and he definitely did not prep himself.

He was heavily tired, wanting to just fall over.

But that would create an obstacle for someone.