prologue.

00

"Nobody's saying our neighbourhood is the Garden of Eden."

A group of drunk people surrounded a burning fire, all chatting, laughing or dancing around. It was a time where no one would judge you. A time where you could be yourself. Four boys stood around the fire, shoving a stick in it so the flame would go high, laughing loudly when it did.

"Hell, some people say God avoids this place altogether, but it's been a good home to us... to me and my kids, who I'm proud of, 'cause every single one of them reminds me a little bit of me."

"Fiona, my rock, huge help."

A girl who had her brown hair pulled back in a ponytail, was sat down drinking a beer while laughing joyfully at what was happening around her.

"Has all the best qualities of her mother, except she's not a raging psycho bitch."

"Xander, my boy, Ladies man."

His dark coloured hair laid in a curly mess on top of his head, his tall figure was slouch over on one of the chair that surrounded the fire. His ocean blue eyes scanned over the area watching over all his siblings, only getting distracted when a blonde pulled his cigarette from his mouth having a drag before sitting on his lap and kissing him.

"The kid's smart, knows how to talk his way out of any situation or punch his way out."

"Lip, smart as a whip."

The boy was stood next to his older brother, drinking from a bottle covered in a paper bag. He sipped a bit of it before looking at the fire, his dark blonde, curly hair flopping on his forehead.

"Straight 'A's and the honour roll. Boy's definitely going somewhere."

"Ian, industrious, conscientious, ambitious, incredible work ethic."

There stood a ginger boy laughing at something in front of him. His laughter bounced around the place spreading larger smile on peoples faces.

"Don't have a clue where he got that from. Wants to be a paratrooper. Knows how to disembowel an enemy with a roll of dimes and an old gym sock."

"Carl. Uh, I don't really know that much about Carl."

The short boy was standing in front of his older brothers, messing around pouring Lip's drink into his mouth. His shave head fell as far backwards as he could to get all that he could.

"Oh, he loves animals. Always dragging home some poor stray he found, taking them up to his room."

"Ah, Debbie. Sent by God, total Angel."

Her auburn hair were held back in two low bunches, her face held an adorable smile on her face. One of which could make anyone swoon. Her white coat hugged tightly to her body keeping all heat in, warming her rosy cheeks up.

"Raising money for UNICEF year-round, some of which she actually turns in."

"Liam, going to be a star."

The dark-skinned baby sat in a pram between Debbie and Xander. A cute little baby laugh escaped his lips while Debbie waved around his arm, acting as if he was cheering along.

"I'm no biologist, but he looks a little bit like my first sponsor. He and the ex were close."

"Kev and Veronica, fantastic neighbours."

A young couple stood hugging each other while laughing at the people around them. The male towered over the dark-skinned woman, smoking from his cigarette. They leant towards each other kissing lightly on the lips multiple times.

"There's nothing they won't do for each other. Or to each other. I never realized how little sex I was having till V and Kev moved next door."

"Then there's Charlie, Xander's best friend."

A girl in her late teens strutted over towards Xander, her dark brown curly hair bouncing on her shoulders as a joint laid lazily in her hand.

"I smell..." The girl faked to smell around her, catching the attention of Xander and the blonde. "Skank." She hissed, scowling at the blonde. "Why don't you just pack it up before I leave a few claw marks on your face?"

The blonde quickly scurried off, leaving a proud smile on Charlie's face and a scowl on Xanders'. The girl just ignore him, sitting in his lap offering him a drag of the joint which she held. In no way were these two together but they had always had an affectionate friendship.

"Sarcastic, mean, bitchy Charlie. The girl is scary when she wants to be, so beware. You were warned."

"And me, Frank Gallagher, father, teacher, mentor, captain of our little ship."

Frank stood to the side with a cigarette in hand and a bottle in the other, dancing jokingly while laughing at the scene in front of him. His dirty blonde, grey hair was covered with a light grey beanie which held his long hair away from his face.

"We may not have much, but all of us, to a man, knows the most important thing in this life...we know how to fucking party!"

Sirens echoed in the background as two cop cars pulled up to the little gathering around the fire. People scattered, swearing at the police, pissed that their party was being broken up. The Gallagher's, except Frank, and their friends gathered together before walking home. All still in a happy mood. Xander could been seen chucking Charlie over his shoulder spinning in circles, his eyes blood shot and swollen from how high he was.