02

Part 2: Pilot

-----

Charlie was walking under the train tracks with Lip and Ian. The snow crunched loudly underneath their feet, trains that ran across the tracks rattled causing water from the snow melting drop to the floor. The girl trailed after them, wanting to see how badly this plan Lip had came up with fails. Charlie knew Ian was gay, she was the first one to know. Ian trusted her not to tell and she never broke that trust.

The fact Charlie was going with the boys wasn't weird. The girl was bisexual and everyone in the Gallagher family knew. She'd even had sex with Karen, a few to many times to count. What can she say? Girls get horny too.

"Relax, okay?" Lip told the ginger boy, receiving a no in response. "No, no, you're gonna like it."

"What am I," Ian began, not knowing how to ask the two this. "What am I even gonna say, all right?"

"You just got to keep talking about science." Lip told him as if that'd actually help the boy.

"Yeah, Ian, science." The short girl cut in, mocking Lip. "Protons, electrons and neutrons." She finished faking a moan after everything she named, before laughing with them.

Ian stopped laughing, changing back to the matter at hand. "I don't know anything about science."

"Okay, so just read from the table of elements." The blue eyed boy tried advising, his own smarts shining through. "Cerium, erbium, praseodymium."

----------

The trio had reached the two story, white house. The house looked like the owners took good care off it and had loads of money. This wasn't Charlie's first time round here, she expected what was going to come when Karen's mom, Sheila, recognised her.

Lip knocked on the black door, his arm still placed on Ian's back. They waited a few moments before a woman with short brown hair answered, opening slightly with the chain still done up to see who it was.

"Mrs. Jackson." Lip greeted, smiling kindly at her.

"Oh! Karen is thrilled with you." Sheila began, emphasising every word she said. "She got an 'A' on her physics midterm! Karen!" The woman called out behind her, "Honey, your little helper is here."

"This is my brother Ian and this is--" Lip introduced before getting cut of by Karen's mom.

"Charlie, honey. How are you doing?" The woman gasped, greeting the teenage girl who was around her house a lot.