An unfortunate encounter

It was exactly a week until the practice match and Ren was walking to class. The sun peering through the windows glowing on her skin. It lit up her blond hair as she walked. She slid the door to her class open then looked up to see Oikawa and Iwaizumi already in the classroom. Ren didn't have morning practice today because the previous day everyone had came and convinced her to cancel it today.

"Morning." Ren placed her bag down beside her desk then sat down.

"Hey, Sakura," Iwaizumi said looking at the small girl.

"Hey, Iwa. What were you guys talking about?" She asked the ace.

"Nothing really." He said.

"How was practice?" She asked Iwa. She then turned her head to look at Oikawa who was just staring out the window.

"Good, everyone seems to be working really hard lately." Iwaizumi said.

"That's great! I wish I could say the same about the girls," Ren said laughing nervously.

"Things will get better, don't worry," Iwa said, patting her head. "Oi, Shittykawa. Don't just ignore Sakura again." He said abruptly.

"I'm not. I'm contemplating the match." Oikawa said he didn't even turn his head to look at them.

"Well sorry, I'm not interesting enough," Ren said a bit annoyed. He's been acting so weird lately It's so hard to read him ugh. Ren thought. Ok

It was much later in the day now practice was over and Ren and Oikawa were alone in the gym practicing serves as usual. Ren whipped the sweat off her forehead with her hand brushing past her bangs. She tossed the ball she was using back into the cart with all the others then walked to the change room.

Man today was weird. Oikawa was acting so strange. Ren thought. She pulled off her teal T-shirt shoving it into her bag. She grabbed her lavender button-up and began doing up the buttons. I wonder if I did something to upset him? I haven't said anything wrong have I? Ren thought but her thoughts were interrupted by a thud followed by a groan that came from the gym. Huh? What was that? Ren thought walking towards the door of the change room.

"Oikawa-san did you-," Ren started but couldn't finish. Her eyes widened and there on the ground clutching his knee was Oikawa. "OIKAWA-SAN?!" She ran over to him almost tripping over her own feet. "What happened?" She asked, trying to stay calm.

"Ah..., I'm fine Sakura-chan don't worry," Oikawa said. He looked up at her trying to smile to reassure her, but Ren wasn't stupid and could tell he was in pain.

"You're fine? I'm not an idiot. I can tell your not." She said crouching beside him. "Now, tell me what happened." She said firmly.

"... I was doing a serve and I fell on my bad knee..." He said looking down at the ground.

Ren sighed then said, "Here, hold on to me I'll help you up." She said getting up a bit.

"Are you sure? I don't want to crush you." He teased.

"Shut up. I'm perfectly capable of helping you." She said. Oikawa then placed his arm around Ren's shoulder then shifted his weight onto her leaning his side against her. Ren stood up holding Oikawa's side with her arm. She walked over to the bench then placed Oikawa down.

She then went to the locker room to get her phone.

"... Iwa?" Ren said holding her phone up to her ear.

"Sakura? You alright you sound a bit scared." Iwaizumi said over the phone.

"Yeah, I'm fine... It's just... Oikawa fell on his bad knee." Ren said. She pushed the door of the locker room open stepping back to the gym.