Number One Fan! Interview with Evangheline

This interview is with a really great wattpadder and a writer whose stories are full of passion and grace.

Evangheline writes the Hadassah's Watchman Trilogy. The first book in this series, Hadassah's Watchman Trilogy: First Cry, made it to the finals of last year's Watty Awards and she has entered her new story, Daughters of Thunder, into this year's race. She is also working on the second installment of the trilogy, Hadassah's Watchmen Trilogy: An Awakening.

So here is her interview and I hope you enjoy this.

*******************************

1.  Where did you grow up and how has that influenced the person you are today?

I was born in Romania, in a small city called Cugir. I lived there until I was eight years old. We emigrated to the United States right after communism fell. I remember before the revolution the long lines for food; I remember that there wasn't always warm water, and that the electricity often went out at night. Also vivid in my mind is the day of the revolution, when my parents kissed me and my sister goodbye and went to fight alongside the others against the communists. They survived, others did not. This has made me bold and courageous, I'm not afraid to speak the truth. I'm not afraid to stand alongside the underdog. A lot of this tends to get incorporated into a lot of my stories. For example, in Hadassah's Watchman Romania plays a central role in the story, and there are many facts woven into the story.

2.  Who was the biggest motivator in your life?

My father, my daddy. He is now in heaven, but he has always been and will always be my hero. He taught me to dream big and never give up. He taught me what forgiveness looks like (as he forgave me many times). He taught me generosity and love. He has inspired all of my stories though he has never gotten a chance to read my most serious and more recent work. In fact, Raphael in Hadassah's Watchman greatly represents him, though when I started writing the story that was not my intention.

3.  How long have you been writing and what got your started?

Pen, paper and words have been my companions since as far back as I can remember. I think what got me started is when I realized the amazing power behind words. Words have the power to heal, or tear down and I have always wanted to heal, to write freedom in people's hearts through my stories, poems or commentaries.

4.  What do you do other than writing, when you have time to yourself?

Hmmm, I don't get much time for myself, considering I'm a single mom of three angels and also working full time. But I'm blessed with a wonderful mom who lives with me and gives me that time when I need it soooo... when I have free time I love reading and watching episodes of my favorite shows. For example Lost, Lie to Me or Vampire Diaries; I love how well-written the screenplays are. These writers are amazing, constantly coming up with twists and turns to keep their audience captivated. So I love to admire other talent.

5.  If you had to choose one word to describe yourself, what would it be and why do you choose it?

Faithful. I am faithful to those I love to the point that it doesn't matter what I lose as long as I am faithful. Those that I'm faithful to include: my Savior Jesus, my three children, my mom, my sister and my friends.

6.  What is your favorite song?

Amazing Grace. Each word in that song reflects my life, heart and soul.