Chapter 4: The Date

You and Tsukkishima take a stroll and pass by various stores, some catch your interest but Tsukkishima faces ahead. You guys hadn't been walking for a long time. Curious about where you're heading, you tug on his sleeve.

"Hey, Tsukki, where are we going?" You looked up at him awaiting his answer as he looks down on you.

"You'll see." You frown. "C'mon! Tell me! Please~!" He ignores you.

"Fine then, be like that," you said in a huff. You crossed your arms over your chest and continued walking beside him.

Not long later you reach and stop by a small cafe. You caught a small smile on Tsukkishima as he walked in. He must like this place...

You and Tsukkishima step into line to order. You stare at the menu above. Tea... I want tea..

"What do you want? I'm paying." You hear Tsukkishima ask you as he briefly look back at you.

"(favorite/tea) please," your eye sparkled as you spoke. You were clearly passionate about tea. He nodded and ordered. He then lead you to a booth at the side with his hands on your shoulders and shoved you into the seat. You got comfortable in your seat as he sat across from you.

"So, what's the plan?" Tsukki spoke up.

"Hm?" You looked up at him.

"After this, where are we going? Is it over? That quick?"

You tilted your head at him and saw him blush.

"I mean I don't know how dates go, never been on one," he continued. Your eyes softened.

"Awh why didn't you say that you were nervous." You grinned as he scowled.

"I'm not nervous, you're nervous."

"Mhm, sure." You laughed as a lady in an uniform walked over to you, tray in hand.

"Strawberry shortcake..." she place the plate of shortcake in front of Tsukkishima. "...and (favorite/tea)." She placed a cup in front of you, bowed, and left.

You blew on your tea and took a sip, thinking about Tsukkishima's question. Where will you go after?

You thought for a moment, before snapping your fingers. "I got it!"

"Hm?" Tsukkishima looked over to you, face already full of shortcake.

"I know where we'll go after this!"

"Where?" He mumbled with his mouth full.

"You'll see~" you said in a singsong voice. This time, it was his turn to frown.

...

"Ta-da~!" You grinned. Tsukkishima looked around confused. You pointed to a short but large building and said, "That place over there! We can ice skate!" You excitedly clapped your hands together and walk into the facility, dragging Tsukkishima along with you.

While you were changing your shoes to the skates, Tsukkishima looked around nervously and hummed to himself. Sensing his discomfort, you place you hand on his shoulder so that he turned to you. "What's wrong?" You always could recall small things about him, like how he hands over his headphones when Yamaguchi gestures for them or how fondly he looks at the moon.

"I can't skate." You tilted your head.

"I don't know how," he spat. How rude, and for no good reason! You finally understood and giggled.

"Tsukki, you can hold onto me then. Here, put these on," you handed him a pair of skates as you spoke.

You stood at the edge of the rink waiting for Tsukkishima. Once he finished tying his skates, he stood up. He got up too quickly and slipped but you had caught him by the shoulders holding him up.

"Woah there, you okay?" You ask. He stiffly nods, blushing. You pat his back and lead him over to the ice rink. "When you first get on, you can hold onto me, okay?"

"Tch, I don't need to hold onto you."

"If you say so." You let him go and slide onto the ice. He stumbles but stiffly walks over, hands playing with his clothes as he was quite nervous skating for the first time. He looks up to you only to see you're having no problem gliding on the ice quickly but elegantly, even doing a few spins and jumps.

"What's wrong Tsukkishima?! I thought you could skate on your own?!" You yelled from across the rink. You laugh at him as he takes a deep breath, holding himself back from hitting you. Not like he could anyway, you were on the ice and he wasn't.

He mumbled something. You tilt your head, unable to hear him.

"Please come back," he spoke in a hopeless tone. How dramatic.

You quickly skate over to his wobbly form. You take his hands and slowly guide him onto the ice.

"Tsukki, you're too stiff, lighten up a bit." You giggled as you spoke, clearly enjoying his misery.

"Don't call me Tsukki." He frowned.

"Tsukkishima."

It took him awhile, but he eventually got the hang of it. You smiled as you watch him finally glide on the ice alone. You notice a small smile grace his features and you felt a weight lift from you chest as you let out a hearty laugh.

...

You're walking home, Tsukkishima accompanying you. The sky was a rosy hue and ,towards the horizon, orange. You guys didn't skate long. By the time you had left the building the sun was setting.

You clutch his arm and rest your head on his shoulder as you giggle.

"-and when I let go, you fell! You should've seen the dread on your face!" He frowns as you laugh.

"Oh just shut up about that already." You didn't notice but he let a smile fall on his lips.

"This is my stop, see ya later Tsukkishima," you said with a smile. You've reached your house and was about to walk in when-

"Call me Kei..." Your quickly turn around with wide eyes.

"Wh- really?" You gasp. He slowly nods.

"Okay! Goodnight, Kei!" You smile while you swiftly hug him and run into your house before he can take it back.

When you reach your room, you right away fling yourself onto your bed and cover you face with a pillow and lightly screech (if that's even possible). Out of nowhere you remember

"Yamaguchi!" You take out your phone and call said boy to update him on your progress with Kei.