Chapter one:

*beep beep beep*

The sound of my phone blares into my ear and I'm dragged back down to reality by the dream I was having. I reach my hand out of my warm cover and press the off button before sitting up and wiping my eyes.

I pick up my phone, expecting to scroll through my social media's but instead, am faced with a bunch of messages from my best friend, Cameron.

Yo bitch, get your ass up!!!!

Along with some other messages.

I roll my eyes with a smile before typing out a message to say that I'm up and I will get ready, just for her.

I step out of my bed, staring at myself in the mirror with my rocky horror show baggy shirt, tight star pyjama pants with a lob sided messy bun. I laugh at myself before taking the usual 25 minutes to change.

Before long, my hair is in its usual hair down, braid style, a pair of black leggings, a short top, my favourite black leather jacket and a pair of Nike superstars. I do one more coat of lipgloss.

"Avery, breakfast" my mom calls out to me. "Coming" I call back to her. I grab my bag and walk out of my room, closing my door. "What's up dork?" My older brother, Grayson comes out of his room, rubbing his wet hair with a towel, wearing nothing but underwear. "Jesus, Grayson, puts some pants on" I say, covering my eyes.

He scoffs and tries to whip with with his towel. "No way, I've just come back from college, I'm gonna wear this out" he assures me. It was spring break and Grayson always came home, not much fun for me because he was a pain in the ass.

I ignore his comment and walk down the stairs before I'm almost pushed because of Graysons childish behaviour by pushing past me to get to the kitchen first.

"GRAYSON, KNOCK IT OFF" my mom yells at him from the dining room. I wipe down my outfit, nodding with glee before heading into the room with the rest of the family.