✧𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ; 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧

✧。:*•.───── ❀ ─────.•*:。✧

❝𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲

❝𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲.❞

✧。:*•.───── ❀ ─────.•*:。✧

third person's (omniscient) pov

one day had passed and tomorrow was kageyama's birthday. it was midnight, and kageyama was staring out of his window, gazing off into the distance blankly while resting his chin on his palm. he couldn't fall asleep because he was too excited but anxious about the tangerine's visit the next day. if he looks like a mess, blame insomnia.

outside the window, a half-full, glimmering moon was floating across the dark curtain that had been draped above several snow-capped mountains. it was a spectacular view, but kageyama couldn't help but feel nostalgia from the last quarter moon. 

thoughts rushed into his mind. why do i feel empty? why do i feel like a piece of me is missing? i have everything i want, family, friends, volleyball... but still, why do i feel like half of my heart is empty...? just like the half moon, half full but empty.

maybe it was just his random thoughts. maybe it was just late and he was just tired. maybe it was because of hinata...

wait... hinata? yes, that's it. kageyama likes hinata, but maybe hinata doesn't like him back! yes, that was exactly what was making him feel.

 he closed his eyes as he felt the soft wind touch his skin, cooling his hair and calming his mind. soon, he drifted off to dreamland, with the healing breeze rocking him to sleep.

little did he know, tobio wasn't the only one feeling like this.

❀❀❀

hinata was gazing at the same gleaming moon, light reflecting on his dark chocolate eyes. he smiled at the thought of visiting kageyama tomorrow. deep inside, he wished that the latter had invited him not just for one solemn reason, but maybe for more...

ugh, i'm overthinking again. hinata didn't want it to be like that. if he had liked kageyama that way, the ravenette wouldn't like him anyways. he had to contain his feelings or else everything will go wrong. their friendship may even end.

if only he had the balls to accept his own feelings. he didn't have to worry right now. if he had confessed, their friendship may even end... in a good way. he blushed at the thought and smiled wider like an idiot.

either way, hinata hoped everything would go well tomorrow. who knows what will happen...?

✧。:*•.───── ❀ ─────.•*:。✧

a/n: thanks for reading :D the inspiration for this was when i went for a walk just now and saw the moon which was half full and i thought it was pretty so- yeah. i hope you enjoyed! <3

kageyama's birthday is tmr omgg :DDD - 21/12/2020