✭ 𝐹ifteen - 𝒟reamers ✭

Getting down from the roofing of the spring, a few Lost Boys were running towards the sandy outskirts of Neverland, Felix being one of them. I caught up with him and grabbed his arm, confused by all the commotion.

"Hey, what's going on?"

"Dreamers," Felix responded, walking quickly beside me, "or a dreamer, I don't know. Spotted on the beach, but vanished after a few moments. Bobbi caught sight of them."

I raised my brows in surprise. "Really? Dreamers?"

Felix nodded. "There hasn't been any in ages."

We walked out of the woods and out into the open land, waves of salty water rushing in and collapsing in the distance. Nothing was there that was out of the ordinary or new - just Bobbi with Winnie at his feet, his eyes wide and puzzled as he tried to explain to Pan, the boys around them and talking amongst themselves.

"There was! I saw it! There was a boy my age with blonde hair, and he was here for a second before he disappeared again!"

"That's impossible," Peter argued, his arms folded, "Dreamers don't come here. Who else can confirm what Bobbi saw?"

The Lost Boys shook their heads and shrugged, glancing between one another in interest. Pan rolled his eyes impatiently. looking back to Bobbi.

"Why don't you belive me?!" Bobbi demanded, frustration evident in his tone as he looked past Peter to me.

"Ask Celeste," he said, pointing to me, "she'll believe me!"

My eyes widened a fraction and I blinked a few times, caught off guard.

"Celeste was with me," Peter said firmly, "I'll look into it, but it's highly unlikely."

The Lost Boys went off in their groups then, seemingly disinterested, and Bobbi ran up to me and Felix.

"There was a boy," he insisted, grabbing my hand, "I promise, I saw!"

I nodded and looked to Felix, his expression unreadable as he looked down at Bobbi.

"Okay. Go resume what you were doing."

Bobbi sighed but obeyed, and I looked back at Felix.

"Do you think there was a Dreamer here, then?"

"It's unlikely," Felix replied, walking away from the beach and back to the Pixie Woods. "There hasn't been Dreamers here in a long time."

"Why not?"

"Because. You can only arrive in a place in your dreams if it's full of happiness and wishes and good things."

I nodded, puzzled. "Isn't that basically Neverland in a nutshell?"

"It's not just about Neverland, Celeste," Felix told me, "it's also about the inhabitants." And he went off in a different direction, leaving me standing alone and lost in my thoughts.

Could a dreamer have appeared because happiness was starting to return to the island? There were still Lost Boys on Neverland that still weren't happy, I knew it. If a Dreamer had come to Neverland, even for a moment, that must mean that the island was still an amazing, positive and magical place. Could the reason behind the Dreamer leaving after a few moments be because there was still a sense of sadness and... well, loss in Neverland?

~~~

"This is pointless."

Peter smirked and rolled his eyes at me as I let my arm fall to my side, after trying for what seemed like forever to ingite a fire on the unchanged, unlit campfire in the centre of the camp. Magic looks pretty and powerful, but it's annoying and hard.