Chapter 3

Note: Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Fair warning, this chapter is kind of a filler, but it gets us to the next part. Anyway, this note is a short one. Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️❤️❤️ Enjoy!

-

Bonnie POV - the next day

I snuggled further into the pillow beside me, lazily groaning against the insistence of the shining sun across my face. I turned my face away from it, twitching my nose against something soft and feathery tickling me. I swiped a hand over my face, mystified by the fluffy, silky strands that fell over my fingers. My eyelids squinted, the curiosity not completely nullifying my slumber, revealing long, snowy tendrils that spilled out in a mess of curls from the sleeping figure next to me. I jerked upright, full-on confused at the tiny siren beside me.

"Diana?" I breathed, my voice hitching as I leaned up and looked over her face. "Di, you-you're back!" I wailed, slumping over on top of her, tears falling as I slipped my arms beneath her in an embrace. 

"Too early," she mumbled sleepily, turning slightly to wrap languid arms around me in a half-hug response. I chuckled through the tears that continued to fall, shaking my head at her usual antics. She brushed long thin fingers through my hair, her breath picking up slightly as she started to stir awake. "Missed you, too," she said softly. 

-

Diana POV - 1 week later

I sighed and leaned back into the water dripping down through my hair. Maybe it was a residual effect from months trapped inside my own mind, but anxiety circled through me, pulsing stronger every time I felt someone stand too close or move too fast towards me. Post-traumatic stress is what Elijah called it. I figured if it hadn't effected me by now, with all the trauma from my past, that maybe I wasn't susceptible to it. Anxiety, sure, but PTSD? 

I shook the thoughts from my head and turned the shower off, reaching for the towel hanging on the adjacent wall. I gasped, catching my own gaze in the mirror. I clenched my eyes closed and took a deep breath, blinking them open again slowly. It wasn't the hair - I'd gone platinum before, so white wasn't a far reach - it was my eyes. Their usual deep chestnut brown faded to some pale ochre version, like the color had been all but drained from my irises. If that weren't disconcerting enough, any time my anxiety, or fear - or any emotion whatsoever - got a little intense, they turned completely white. 

Three quick knocks against the bathroom door made me jump again and I huffed, more at myself. "Just a minute," I called out, rushing into my grey cropped tee and matching legging set. I patted my hair as dry as I could with the towel before tying into a loose braid that fell down my back, and quickly opened the door. 

"I-we, uh, just...wanted to know if...you wanted any coffee," Damon struggled through his words, his eyes darting around my face before traveling down my figure. 

"We?" I asked, pulling the door fully open to find Elijah and Kai flanking him. "Right," I muttered, shaking my head as I brushed past them. "I thought you agreed to give me some space," I sighed, walking through my room and out into the hallway. 

"I-I did...we did-and we are," Damon stumbled on, quickly catching up with me as I started down the stairwell. 

"We're just concerned, Diana," Elijah tried, falling in step on my right. 

"And for the record, I never agreed on anything," Kai said nonchalantly, hot on my heels. 

I rolled my eyes, turning on my heel to face them as I stepped off the bottom step. They all halted just before running into me and waited for me to speak. "Listen, I'm fine. Really, I am. But this," I gestured to the three of them and back to myself, "I can't deal with this right now. There are way more important things we need to focus on--"