chapter seven

march 13
3 months/15 weeks

chaseeeee: class is cancelled
chaseeeee: ft me
maia sat up and immediately facetimed chase, not bothering to make herself look nice. her bonnet was on and she had no makeup. she figured she was already having his child, why be formal all the time?
"hi," chase beamed once she answered; he, too, was still in bed, curls messy and eyes sleepy. "how are y'all?"
"y'all?" maia repeated, confused, until she looked at her stomach. "ohh. we're good, a little sleepy and a little hungry but good. why did school get cancelled?"
"you know covid-19? well, the entire world is about to be put on lockdown. someone even said they'll get the military so people don't go out," chase explained. "it's only gonna be a week, though, and then everything will go back to normal."
maia nodded. "now i'm hesitant to tell my parents if we'll be stuck inside for a week."
"just wait ''till next week," chase suggested. "also, i scheduled another doctor's appointment for you in, like three weeks. maybe after that we can tell them."
"good idea," maia agreed. "i'll show them the ultrasound. they won't be able to kick me out if they see their first grandchild on an ultrasound, right?"
chase seemed to hesitate before agreeing. "yeah, they can't."