Yamaguchi

𝙔𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙪𝙘𝙝𝙞
They say that our hearts are like puzzles. you'll need different pieces to complete you, whether it is family,  love, or friendship. As for Yamaguchi he almost felt complete, but there was just one piece missing.

Tsukishima. He was the last piece that Yamaguchi needed for his heart to feel complete. His best friend and crush. Tsukishima had protected Yamaguchi from his bullies. The freckled boy has always been so grateful for him. Wherever tsukki goes, yams would follow him like he's some lost puppy.

As years passed always being by Tsukki's side, the shorter boy had caught something you call 'feelings'. That weird uneasy feeling of butterflies in your stomach every time you see that one special person. He was unsure at first, but ever since they went to Karasuno together that feeling grew. His heart races now and then when he sees tsukki, he turns into a blushing mess, and when tsukki would give him his leftovers from lunch. Which most people would find either pathetic or pitiful. but for Yamaguchi, he felt happy. He feels like he's always there for him, taking care of him. That's when he knew he liked his best friend.

————

Wednesday 9:15 pm
Yamaguchi laid on his bed scrolling through his phone gallery.  He saw a picture of him and tsukki from when they were still little kids. He giggled at the photo, he missed those days. he missed how tsukki always stood up for him when he gets bullied by the other kids. He was also there for tsukki when his older brother lied to him. He then thought of his best friend, he blushed when he did. He buried his face in his pillow. He sighed. "I want him to embrace me...I want him to love me.." He said before falling asleep.

————

Thursday 3:45 pm
Yamaguchi decided that he would finally confess to his crush. He had invited tsukki to get some boba with him. Yams was wearing a white knitted sweater with jeans and his favorite pair of doc martens. He was standing outside of the cafe while fidgeting with his fingers, waiting for tsukki to come. he was excited and nervous. I mean, he's confessing to his best friend after all. It may or may not ruin a friendship.

He was in the middle of picking on his cuticles when he felt a pair of hands on his.  "Yams, stop that". the freckled boy looked up to see tsukki standing in front of him. he had a dinosaur hoodie on and a pair of jeans and sneakers. yams giggled at his best friend's outfit.

"Why are you laughing, do I look funny to you?" the taller boy hid his hands in his pockets and looked away. "you look great tsukki!!" yams replied before dragging the blonde male inside the cafe. they had already ordered their drinks and are sitting near the window while waiting for their orders to come.

————

tsukki was listening to music with his headphones on when yams suddenly called out his name. "Tsukki..." the taller slowly removed his headphones and asked what Yamaguchi needed.

"Tsukki! I really like you!! Please go out with me!!" yams buried his face in his hands. he felt relieved that he finally said it.

tsukishima then stood up. "I forgot to tell you..uhh.."
he scratched the back of his neck making Yamaguchi anxious. "I have a girlfriend" yams' heart shattered. "And uhh...I still wouldn't date you even if I was single..that's just disgusting" "I mean. Two guys together? Ha! Isn't that so weird??" tsukishima really meant everything he said. there was not a single lie in those words. not a single feeling of regret filled his eyes.

————

those words, those harsh words made the freckled boy's eyes water. tsukishima didn't want anyone to see that he had made his friend cry and just abruptly left. he left his own best friend there, in a pitiful state.

"w-weird..yeah.." Yamaguchi said between light sobs.

his and Tsukki's order then came, yams immediately wiped the tears from his face. and gave the waitress a small smile.

————