Chapter 4🥀Her

Follow Instagram @booksbynayada for more details, updates and sneak peaks on my books.

;)

***

🎵Listen to Smother by Craig Lucas🎶

     *WES'S POV*

It is a warm sunny tuesday morning.

Who am I kidding. It's a day just like another, gloomy, cold and full of smog.

I am seated in my office completely lost in my own thoughts.

Chicago.

It's been four days since I last saw her. I haven't been at the mansion since the encounter in my room.

To be honest I wasn't expecting for her to come into my room. Just like her, I too was shocked.

I can't help but smile.

I haven't stopped thinking about her since then. I tried to kiss her but backed away quickly before doing something we both will regret.

I wasn't interested in her.She's my employee, nothing more.

I chuckle when I remember how she innocently closed her eyes waiting for my kiss.She wanted it as much as I did.

She's so innocent and that's what makes me like her.

Wait !

Like her ?!

I don't like her. I don't even know her except for the little research Jean had done on her - which turns out not to be detailed enough.

The research said nothing about her being a vegetarian or hating coffee.

"She's a special lady if she's making you daydream at work all morning." Alex's voice cuts through my thoughts bringing me back to reality.

I turn to see him standing in front of me with both his hands in his pockets.

"What are you talking about ?" I asked him shifting my gaze from him.

He knew me very well and sometimes I hated it.We've been friends since college and now we're business partners. Technically he's working for me but still.

"It's a lady... I know." He grins at me and I completely ignore him.

"Why are you here Alex?" I ask him completely changing the subject.

I'm not in the mood to speak about my feelings to anyone.

Feelings ?!

I laugh at myself. This is absurd.

"There she goes again." Alex says smiling at me.

I feel like punching that smile off his face but Jean will kill me once she finds out.