Prologue

"Father must you go." An exhausted Rowan stated as he watched his father, King Frederick pin his cloak over his shoulder, "You're not as fit as you used to be and besides you have me to fight battles for you. I'm your heir after all. Its not too late to change your mind."

"Nonesense. Every one in the Kingdom anticipate the King's visit at this time of the year and bandits or no I'm going. I thought we'd gotten over this argument." King Frederick laughed placing a hand on his worried sons shoulder, "I know you're worried but I promise you, I'll be fine. And if I do feel unwell during the trip I'll immediately return home."

Sighing Rowan nodded knowing that the stubborn man wasn't one to change his mind so easily.

"I'm only letting you go because I trust you'll keep your word." He stated smiling back at the man as they descended the stone steps into the courtyard where the most trusted knights and a hundred foot soldiers stood in perfect formation.

"I know son." He laughed, "Now let's go kill some bandits."

The man yelled a loud battle cry and kicked his horse into a fast gallop before he could scold him.

Rowan rode not a second later and matched the excited mans pace.

Cheers and greetings filled the cool morning air as the citizens of Eldane, Capital city of Myonmar, watched their beloved king ride through the town on one of his routine trips through the kingdom.

Rowan looked down on the people waving at him and his father and winked at a couple of young ladies that were smiling and blushing as he rode past.

He burst into quiet laughter as one of them swooned and fell into her friends arms, the other two struggling to hold the extremely happy girl up.

Flower petals rained down from roof tops as they neared the more populous parts of the city, his warning senses tingling as visibility reduced.

His father laughed on oblivious to the risk that this posed.

He tried to relax since this was a common occurence but with the rising threats posed by bandits in the outer rings of Myonmar one could never be too careful.

He looked towards his father who had one hand raised in the air and watched as time seemed to slow down as the last petal fell.

Something glinted a deadly silver and before he could react, it had sunk into his fathers chest and thrown him off his horse.

Screams and panicked noises rose in the air as everyone reacted to the death of the king but Rowan sat, still not moving as he registered what had just happened.

Anger filled him fiercer than any he had ever felt before at the audacity of the bandits. They had dared to go this far into the city and worse still murdered their king.

"Lock the city gates and order every soldier in the city to search for anyone hiding weapons. There will be no eating or sleeping until the King's killer is caught." He growled out ignoring the noise that rose in the air as his soldiers went into action.

Someone had murdered his father and there was going to be Hell to pay for it even if it were the last thing he did.

Are you excited to read A King's Guard????

I know I am.

First chappie coming soon then the book is officially starting in January 2021.

Ooh thats such a long time and I'm super excited.

By now we should know the drill except you're a new reader.

Vote, comment and share this book to all your many many friends.

I love you and stay amazing😍

Pearl💕