LOVE IS A DEVIL

Days went by, it felt like nothing happened.

The Mortal Cup was still safe in Alana's care, and will be returned to Idris as soon as the wedding is over.

Earlier that they, she had a conversation with her.

"Why the hell did you face Valentine without me? You could have been killed!" Lydia said at the other side of the phone.

"I'm still alive, aren't I?" she laughed as she imagined Lydia's furious face in her head.

"You got lucky. If this is a game, you're playing a dangerous one" Lydia said.

"I'm not playing, alright? This started with me not handing the cup over. It's my mission to get it back" she replied.

"But you don't have to do it alone. I'm you're parabatai. I'm with you till the end of the line" Lydia said in a soft tone.

"I know, and I love you for that. And to be clear, I wasn't alone. Dad, Jace, and Clary were right behind me" Alana explained.

"I would believe if you told me that Aldrin and Jace got your back, but Clary? I saw her picture and some security footage of her training...she doesn't even look like she can protect herself" Lydia said, stating the obvious.

"Hey, be nice" Alana said as she smiled.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever" she replied.

A moment of silence.

"The wedding will happen in a few days. And I was wondering if you would give me away?"

Alana stopped as she heard those words from her.

She almost forgot, her parabatai's wedding...with Alec.

"Ofcourse" she smiles.

"Thank you, Alana. You don't know how much it means to me" Lydia said.

"You're my parabatai. You don't even have to ask" Alana said.

A few hours since that conversation, she was once again standing in front of her balcony. Enjoying the cold breeze of the night, when her phone began to ring from her bed side table.

"Not again" she groaned as she walked up to her phone.

She expected it to be Clary, but was shocked to see it was Magnus.

"Hey Magnus! What's up?" she asked.

"Ragnor..." she was confused as she heard Magnus sniffling from the other side of the line.

"Are you crying? What happened? Where's Ragnor?" She immediately asked.

"He's dead. Ragnor's dead. He's gone" she heard his voice croak from the other line.

"I'll be there in an hour" she said as she hang up the call.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It was around 12 midnight when I got back to the institute. I managed to make Magnus fall asleep with a bit of cocktail and song.

Ragnor's death really had a great effect on him. I myself feel a bit lost at the moment. Ragnor was like family to me. I just can't believe he's gone.

When I entered the ops, I saw that only a few shadowhunters were there. The others must be resting or probably asleep by now.