Kabanata 1

Hi! I hope you would refrain from spoiling the important parts of the book to give way to your co-readers sa comment section. I will be deleting comments regarding spoilers. Thanks.
--

Kabanata 1

"Come back here before I—"

"Opo! Opo!" I gasped. "Bibili lang akong Strawberry taho and—"

"Go home, Crest Veronica! Now!" his voice thundered and I bit my lower lip and nodded, hinahawi pa ang buhok.

"Oh, owkie..." I said in a small voice. "Pero Dad—"

"Uuwi ka o ipapasundo kita sa kakambal mo?" mariing sabi niya kaya napailing-iling.

"I-I can go home! Uh, ito na, uuwi na..." I said and sighed. "Dad, sorry! Don't be mad! Love you!" I said and before he could even talk, pinatay ko na ang tawag.

Patay kang bata ka...

I sighed again, nagsisimula ng isipin paanong lambing ang dapat gawin kay Dad para 'di ako pagalitan pero suminghap ako sa gulat nang may narinig.

"Crest!" I heard the loud thump on the car's roof, nang lumingon ako ay nakita kong masama ang tingin si akin ng gagong Matthew.

"What?" I asked.

"Come here! You!" he hissed and I almost screamed in frustration but I composed myself and stayed calm. "Crest!" muling sigaw niya kaya nagmartsa na ako palapit.

I saw the man with gray eyes glanced at me, his eyes are cold, no reaction at all. May kausap siya sa telepono pero nakatingin sa akin. I was quite nervous of his stares yet I managed to give him a smile.

"What's the matter—"

"This is your fault!" nagulat ako nang bigla akong haltakin ni Matthew.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I exclaimed and pulled my hand from him pero muli niya akong hinila.

"Kung hindi ka—"

"Let go of the woman, Sir." The gray-eyed man said, stopping the both of us.

I was about to thank him pero mas hinigpitan ni Matthew ang hawak niya sa akin.

"H'wag mo kaming pakialaman, she's my girlfriend. Problemahin mo 'yang speed limit—"

"I don't tolerate that kind of behavior, Sir." He said, lowering his phone from his ears.

"What behavior?" Matthew asked him at hindi pa rin ako pinapakawalan. "I am just disciplining her—"

"That is clearly a harassment, Sir." He said and glanced at me, "are you hurt, Miss?"

"Yes," I said straightly and tried pulling my hand again from him. "Let me the fuck go!" I exclaimed.

"No! Because of you—"

Natigilan si Matthew nang i-angat ko ang kabilang kamay para sampalin siya. He froze, his eyes widened at me.

"What the fuck, woman?!" he exclaimed, nabitawan na ako para hawakan ang pisngi. "Look, officer! It was clear! She hurt me—"

"You harassed her. Stop blaming the victim, Sir." Kumunot ang noo niya kay Matthew. "That was self-defense for me."

His mouth parted, "how dare you—"

"Want me to add harassment to your speed limit violation, Sir?" malamig at mariing sabi ni Kuyang gray-eyes. "You are asked to go to the police station, Sir. Please cooperate."

Matthew looks annoyed and I saw how he puffed a breath and glanced at me with his piercing eyes.

"Damn you, Crest." He hissed.