Chapter 1

'Mum I promise you everything will be okay,' I had finally received the letter from the Seoul National University, my grades were near perfect and I was the model student gaining many extra curricular activities under my belt throughout my high school years; debating, the soccer teams captain, being apart of the student council and more. I would be surprised if I wouldn't get in but what I was relying on was the 20+ scholarships I had applied for, my mother worked as a nurse at our local hospital, rarely getting sleep, we had near to no money. 

                                                                             Dear y/n we are pleased to inform you that - 

I stopped reading at that point and went to the second page of the letter where the scholarships would be listed. I scream in delight, 15 out of the 20 scholarships applied had given me full amounts, including a full tuition coverage cost and the others paying off, dormitory, living and academic expenses. I held onto my mum as she clung to me, I cried into her as she stroked my head crying along with me. 

After my father had left me at 2 years old and took everything but the house I was surprised we managed to keep it but my mother refused to let the house go and we've survived and now I was accepted into the Bachelor of Business and Economics, I was going to join Samsung and work my way up in the business and make sure mama didn't have to work another day in her life.

'I'm so proud of you,' She says kissing my hair.

'I wouldn't of been able to do it without you,' I say smiling up at her.

                                                                                                ***

3 Months Later

I stood outside the entrance hall, backpack at the ready, I couldn't wait for my first day, that was until I was suddenly pushed over,' Oops didn't see you there,' a familiar voice giggles, who knew daddy's money could take you this far.

'How unfortunate, Jiwon,' I say brushing myself off. I wish I could of smacked her smug face in high school but doing so would of ruined my chance at scholar ships and now I can't fight back either because 1. her dad is an investor and 2. I will lose my scholarships. I groan internally at having to put up with her nonsense again but I know she wouldn't be able to do the classes while I will work my way into the honours program.

Two girls beside her laugh at her action but I did not recognise them, 'What happened to Eunra and Songhwa?' Her smiles instantly falls from her face, 'I guess appa didn't have enough money,' With a smirk I leave before she can get another word in, she didn't stop me in high school, she certainly won't stop me now.

Thanking the administrator, I take a hold of my schedule and look at my first orientation activity, meeting the Head Professor of the School of Business in a faculty introduction meeting. Nodding my head I follow the map provided to the auditorium, walking to the front I lock eyes with someone. He has pink hair slicked back into a clean mullet and brown almond eyes next to him sat an older guy he had brown hair and doe eyes, they wore similar outfits, they did not look like they belonged here. Looking away I walked to the front trying to get the closest seat possible to ensure the head staff knew who I was and what I looked like. I needed to begin networking.

An elegant woman walks up to the stand and the theatre falls quiet, 'Hello, my name is Lee Yuna, I am the head professor here at the School of Business at SNU, it is an honour to meet you all today' She continues to explain different courses and their requirements, including the long hours of class content and the multiple courses we would be taking, 'Any questions,' I raise my hand promptly and she gestures to me.