My Best Friend's Wedding

Hi everyone.

No warnings this time because there's no sex in this one shot. I'm not used to writing soft stuff— especially when it comes to this man, but this idea came up to me the other day while I was listening to Taylor swift's new album and some of her old songs, I was feeling nostalgic and sad too lmao.

Btw the title has nothing to do with the movie, I just stole it because it makes sense with the plot of this one shot.

If you are new, hi welcome

And if you've been here before thanks for coming back to this shitty one shots.

Enjoy.

Your best friend was getting married this weekend and you were her maid of honor obviously. Charlie was going to be your date, you've been dating for almost two years now, you were so happy and in love with him and you knew he felt the same way about you. You could tell by the tiny details of your everyday life together, the way he looked at you, how he kissed you out of nowhere, he always wants to hold your hand while walking, he knows everything about you and you know everything about him. One of the things you like most about him is how he is so committed and passionate about his work and how much love he has for a lot of people and his son.

Charlie is the kind of person you could talk for hours and hours without getting bored, about anything, you share a lot of the same interests, you both love books, sometimes it feel like you both have a personal book club with eachother, you like discovering new places together and going on mini adventures around the city.

The thing you love most about him is that he always worries about you and takes care of you— more than you care to admit. He tolerates your tantrums and vents, he knows exactly what to say every time you need advice or how to make you stop crying.

He makes you feel like heaven is a place on earth when you are with him.

The day of the wedding arrived, you decided to get ready at your friend's house because all the bride maids agreed to get ready together so you could all help eachother and be there for the bride. You actually liked your dress this time, your friend Ari chose a really flattering tone of purple, it was a lavender color but a little bit darker, you had short puffy sleeves made with a see through material, the rest of the dress had a little bit of glitter and flower details, it wasn't that long actually, the length got to a few centimeters above the start of your ankle. Before leaving you took one last look at your reflection in the mirror, you touched up your hair and makeup before leaving, you didn't look tired today, your eyes bags were long gone and your skin had this beautiful and natural glow that complemented your tinted cheeks— you felt good about yourself today, you hoped Charlie would like this look on you too.

When everyone finished you all took the limousine to the church, everyone got out of the car and took their positions like in the rehearsals to enter the church. You were next to another friend of yours, you were the second ones in the row when you entered, you both carried a bouquet of white and purple flowers that matched your dresses. For some reason you felt nervous, Ari had always wanted a big wedding so there was a lot of people there, you were just praying not to trip with the heels you were wearing. Your eyes looked for Charlie, you knew that by looking at him your nerves would go away., When you finally found him, he was already looking at you, giving you a soft smile— you felt the air coming back to your lungs, knowing he was here made everything easier and the pressure lifted from your shoulders.