chapter one

isabella lanvin
chapter one

I opened my eyes to a new room with a view of New York casually in front of me. Having remembered last night that I've officially started my mission and that my real name is no more. I take in a deep breath knowing what is expected now.

I'm not Isabella Lanvin anymore; I'm Carolina Blanchet now. I am a sixteen-year-old foreign exchange student from France, which shouldn't be that difficult to do since I'm sixteen and can speak French.

Reaching over to check my phone, I see that it's four-thirty in the afternoon, causing me quickly sigh forgetting that I have to go shopping with Juliana. I felt guilty knowing that we were supposed to do something to help my mission. I leaned back into my pillows starting to figure out a plan to decide to get close to the Avenger.

Option one, I can kill him on the spot. My father warned me about his reflexes and sense–making me doubt option one.

However, I can pretend to be an ally and kill him when he doesn't expect the betrayal with option two.

I cannot believe I'm doing this.

I finally get up from my bed and make myself look presentable. After finishing putting my long hair in two dutch braids, I decided to at least leave my room and see the rest of the Davis family.

Arriving at the kitchen, I see Lyla cutting up some peppers at the kitchen counter. She smiled, seeing me enter the room.

"Sleep well? You're just in time for lunch," Lyla said, putting all the peppers into a bowl of salad that was in front of her.

"I slept fine. The timezones got me," I said as I went to lean against the counter.

She grabbed two bowls from the cabinets behind her. "Hopefully, you can sleep well tonight. You have your first day tomorrow," Lyla commended then put the salad into each bowl and placed it on the counter.

"Lucas! Lunch!" Lyla called towards the same hallway my room was. "Juliana went with Flash and Sadie to get ice cream. She wanted you to come with her, but you were sleeping," Lyla said, putting a fork into the salad bowls.

Lucas came out of his room with his phone in his hand. He glanced up to me and started to chuckle, "did you deadass just wake up right now?"

"Lucas watch your language," Lyla warned while handing him his bowl of salad.

I grabbed my bowl as well, "I woke up twenty minutes ago."

Before Lucas could reply, Lyla grabbed her purse from the counter, "I have to go meet up with a client. You guys will be fine here?"

Lucas and I nodded at Lyla and watched her leave the apartment. I turned to walk away from the kitchen and started to walk towards my room. Closing the door behind me, I set my salad on my desk and went towards my closet to find my gear on missions. It's usually an all-black suit with a belt that holds my knives and a gun.

I hear a knock on the door causing me to stop and step away from the closet.

"Come in," I said, waiting for the person who knocked on the door; it was Lucas.

"Do you hate me that much that you want to eat lunch by yourself?" Lucas said, stepping into my room with the salad in his hands. He glanced around my room to find it clean and all my stuff into the room perfectly. Last night, I stayed up to organize it and hide all my weapons within the room. I guess that's why I woke up so late–that and the timezones.