Chapter 4

I woke up to someone violently shaking me awake; when I opened my eyes I saw Owen was the culprit.

"Your brother told me to get you," he said after successfully waking me up, "you sleep through a lot."

"Sorry, I am a heavy sleeper sometimes," I apologized while sitting up.

"Oh it's fine, I can be one too, anyway Jeremy wanted to tell you it's fine to go home unless you wanted to dance," he told me while walking to leave.

"Ok, thank you, Owen," I began to say, "wait do you know where the studio is?"

"Oh yeah, I can take you there," he said while opening the door.

"Wait I need to change clothes, give me like ten minutes or so," I told him walking towards my car, I always kept a dance duffle bag in there.

I got the bag out of my car and walked back to Jer's trailer. I changed into the simple crop top and leggings and walked back out.

"Ok, I'm ready now," I said while opening the door.

"Ok, so right this way," Owen said while walking, "It's this one right here."

"Thank you," I told him while walking to stretch.

"Is it weird if I ask if I can stay?" he asked me scratching the back of his neck.

"Not at all, you're welcome to stay if you want," I tell him looking through the music on my phone.

I chose to use 'Halo' by Beyonce because it would fit the dance.

{here's the dance she did, I'm so bad at writing dance sequences so Imma do this}

After I finished the dance I decided to sit down and drink some water.

"Ok, that was wow," Owen told me making me smile.

"Thank you," I told him.

"So what's the story behind it?" he asked me.

"Excuse me," I said taken back, no one ever asked for the stories behind the dances.

"Well don't dances have stories or a meaning," he began and I nodded, "What is this one's story?"

"It's a little personal and sad, but basically most of my life I had been compared to Jeremy. That's why I became more passionate about dance because my parents and other people wouldn't compare us. One day I decided to film this dance and just put all my frustrations out on it and my teacher loved it."

"That's amazing, Mikayla," he told me.

"Thanks, this dance ended up getting me a national title my last year of competing," I told him taking another sip of my drink.

"Does Jeremy know this?" he asked me.

"No, and he never will right?" I asked him with pleading eyes.

"Your secret is safe with me," he says holding out his pinky.

I took his pinky in mine, "Now you got to lock it."

We locked our pinky promise and Owen said, "Now I have to tell you a secret."

"No you don't this isn't like a trade deal," I told him laughing.

"I want to, my secret is that-" he began to say before being interrupted.

"Hey guys, we are going out for a cast dinner," Charlie said coming into the studio, "Did I interrupt something?"

"No, I was just leaving," I said grabbing my things to leave.

"You aren't coming to dinner?" Owen asked me.

"I'm not cast, I don't want to intrude, also I have to do something anyway," I said walking out the door.

"You wouldn't be intruding!" one of them yelled out but I didn't turn back around.

I got back into my car and turned it on listening to the music. I decided to call Ali before I freaked out more. While the phone was ringing I decided to start driving.

"Hey, what's up?" Ali asked me.

"I danced again," I told her, I was beginning to feel overwhelmed with today.

"That's amazing," she began to say before I interrupted her.

"Als it was my dance you know," I said feeling the tears well up in my eyes.

"Oh, Miki, I wish I was there to hug you," she told me, "I'm giving you a hug over the phone."

"Oh and I told someone the biggest secret I have because they asked for the story," I told her finally letting the tears fall.

"How do you feel? Do you feel like a weight was lifted off your shoulders or worse?" she asked me.

"I honestly feel worse, what if he tells Jer? What if he tells someone else and they tell Jer? What if Jer heard? What if-" I was about to keep going before Ali spoke up.

"Miki, shut up, what if this happens. There is always a what-if, but remember your brain is only telling you the negative what if's not the positive ones," she said, "What if he keeps your secret? What if he helps you out? What if he makes you feel like you aren't Jeremy's little sister?"

"I know you're right," I tell her, "you always know how to make me feel better."

"I wouldn't be much of a best friend if I didn't," she said with a laugh.

"I'm home now, I'll talk to you later, bye I love you," I tell her turning off the car.

"Ok, bye love you too," she said hanging up the phone.

I went inside and decided to get dressed for an Instagram post.

Miki_Shada: was sad so I got glam

8,000 Likes

------

thealiwinters: as the queen says herself, "Why be sad when you can be pretty." -Miki Shada
>Miki_Shada: took the words right out of my mouth

thejadahmarie: I love this fit
>Miki_Shada: that means everything coming from a fashion icon

savannahleemay: I can't see your face but I know you look amazing just like always
>Miki_Shada: stop you can't say things like that I could start simping

themadisonreyes: those shoes shine brighter than my future
>Miki_Shada: shut up miss star

charles_gillespie: I agree with Mads those shoes are brighter than my future
>Miki_Shada: I mean you aren't wrong
>charles_gillespie: when did it become bully charlie time
>themadisonreyes: it's always bully charlie time

*Load More Comments*

After I responded to some of Jer's castmates and fans I decided on watching some Netflix. I made some popcorn and put on OuterBanks. By the time I finished the series it was around two in the morning, I went to plug in my phone and then go to bed.

~~~~~~~~~

So this will be my only update for this week because Christmas is this week. Happy Holidays!!

Much Love,
K