Gala: Part One

"Millie this place is amazing!" Finn told her as they walked in. She simply nodded at him in return.

"Oh my, there's my father." Millie said as she began to hide between Finn and her friends. Everyone looked at her.

"Millie, are you scared of your father?" Caleb asked.

"So much" Millie said as her father saw her. "Nows the time for a little showmanship."

Her dad walked over and stared at the young adults. He smiled at Sadie, he had met her multiple times and nodded approvingly at Caleb's arm locked with her. Then he noticed Finn, and his arm was locked with his daughters.

"Millie, where is Jacob?" The man asked his daughter.

"I have no idea, but you probably would." She told him with a little sass, causing Finn to chuckle.

"Okay well are you marrying this man?" He stared at Finn. "Doesn't seem like a good match for you Millie."

"I think he's perfect for her," Sadie said with a smile. "But they're just friends Mr. Brown."

"Thank you, Sadie." He told her, "And please, call me Robert." Sadie smiled in response.

Her and Caleb left arm in arm to explore the rest of the cabin, leaving the two alone with Robert.

"What's your name, boy?"

"Finn."

"No sort of endearment. That's awfully rude" Robert said in response.

"Father!"

"You called me boy so there was no way I would be giving you any respect." Finn said as he walked away from them.

"You must apologize for his behavior, now!" Robert yelled at his daughter.

Millie stared at him for a second, not knowing what to do. On one hand, she could defend Finn and show that she valued him. Or she could agree with her father and keep there relationship on good terms.

"I don't think Finn did anything wrong" Millie said as she walked over to join Finn.

"That was a little risky, Millie. You didn't have to do that."

"I know, but I wanted to," Millie said in response to the curly haired boy.

From across the room, Sadie could see that her best friend was blushing. She couldn't tell who was next to her though, someone was blocking the way.

"Caleb, Mills is blushing! Look over there and see if you can see who she's talking to." Sadie told her boyfriend.

"She's probably talking to some guy, I don't want to invade her privacy like that - HOLY SHIT SHES BLUSHING WITH FINN AND HES BLUSHING TOO!"

"Really? Are you sure?" The red head asked him.

"Positive, he's never that red."

"Well do you think they have something going on that we don't know about?"

"I just don't think Finn could keep that kind of secret from me." Caleb said in response. Millie and Finn started walking over to the happy couple. "Act normal, they're walking over"

"Hey guys!" Sadie said after flashing a smile.

"Hi," Millie said quickly. "My dad isn't happy with me right now so I have to show him that I'm mature. We should all dance, that's what all the grownups do at these things."

"I'm down for a dance," Caleb told the happy couple. Finn nodded his head at Millie.

"Then let's all go!" Sadie cheered as she grabbed Caleb's hand.

The couple walked onto the dance floor without awkwardness. They easily got a rhythm and laughed together.

Finn and Millie had much more trouble. He led her onto the dance floor. "I'll take lead," Millie said as she started moving along. "You put your arms on my lower back and I'll put mine around your shoulders."

Finn did as he was told. "I've never been this close to you before, Brown" He whispered in her ear. Shivers went down Millie's back as he talked. "Seems like I've left you speechless."

Millie smiled politely at him, "I can always think of something to say to you, Wolfhard."

"Hmmm Wolfhard, how do you like that name?"

"I like it. I think it suits you well," Millie told him. "It's much better then Brown."

"Not really. You have a brand to associate it with. That's like plus 100 cool name points." Finn said, making Millie laugh.

"Oh really, is that a thing you made up?" She chuckled in response, starting to sway back and forth with him on the dance floor.

"Yeah I made it up a few years ago. McLaughlin has about 30 points. Wolfhard has 63. Id say Brown roughly has 127." Millie smiled at him. "What do you think for Sink?"

"128" Millie said. "I think she's better then me in every way, even with names"

"That's sweet." Finn told her, but then he leaned in to whisper something in her ear. "I think Brown is still better." Millie felt shivers down her spine again.

The slow song was getting louder at the end. Millie knew there was going to be a crescendo at the end so she whispered to Finn, "Dip me"

As the crescendo started, Finn dipped her gracefully. There faces were no more then an inch apart.

He didn't know what to do. I want to kiss her but I can't. Technically she's married. He ended up staring at her for a few seconds more.

He brought her back up to reality, both of their faces burning red. Caleb and Sadie walked over to them, slowly.

"Mind if I cut in?" Caleb asked Finn.

"Take her," Finn said as he walked over to Sadie.

....

"I see the way you look at her." Sadie said after a few seconds of dancing.

"I look at Millie the same way I look at you."

"That's bullshit!" Sadie said as she got twirled around. With a smirk on her face she said, "I never said Millie."

Finn turned red, "Who else would you be talking about?" Sadie shrugged as she looked at Millie and Caleb a few meters away.

"She's looking over here." Sadie said to him. Finn looked over at them immediately with a goofy smile on his face. He didn't see Millie's face, they weren't looking at him, "Yeah you definitely don't like her in that way."

"Hypothetically," Finn started saying as Sadie's eyes widened. "Let's say I do like her. What would this hypothetical person do about it?"

"Yessss!" Sadie squealed, drawing some attention from nearby dancers. "I have a plan, if Millie feels the same way then Caleb will tell her what to do as well" Finn looked nervous.

"Don't be nervous Finn. I've been with Millie these past few years and she has never looked at someone like that.I know it's soon but you have to take your shot. If you don't, then she's gonna get married to a horrible person and you'll lose her." Sadie finished her speech and Finn relaxed.

"Okay, lets go." Finn said, causing Sadie to smile.

"I'm so excited-" Sadie said as she walked.

"Lets make one thing clear," Finn said stopping her. "I don't like fancy things and I don't like being in the public eye. I just wanna go under the radar."

"The heart wants what it wants. If your heart is taken by Millie, then there's no way that's happening."

A/N
Part One is over. Please leave comments :) I don't know what to write