three

"She can't marry him!" Margaery yelled at father a month later, behind the closed door of his study. "She only just turned 14, and he-"

"Loves her," finished Lord Tyrell. Sitting down on his couch in front of the fire, continuing to read his book, never once lifting his gaze up to meet his daughters.

"It's a fine match; he loves her, and from what I can tell, she admires him greatly."

Margaery  let out a deep hough of annoyance, crossing her arms over herself, stubbornly refusing to move from her spot in front of her father.

"S-she is my handmaiden! I still have need of her-"

"By the gods, Margaery, you have dozens of other suitable ladies to chose from, take your pick."

Margaery  sat down, grabbing onto her father's arm as she did so, resting her face on his shoulder.

"Father, she is my dearest friend. My only true friend in the world, please do not rob me of her. Not now, not ever."

Mace finally put down his book, his expression softening as he returned his daughters' partial hug. "My dear, I can understand your jealousy- you being older than she and still not betrothed, but you must be patient! You are a Tyrell. I have bigger plans for you that your grandmother and I are still working out."

Margaery was jealous.. but not in the way her father thought.